Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Lg G4 phone stopped working today.

I got a new lg G4 in march. The phone stopped working today. None of the suggestions I've found have worked. I'm on call for the operating room in a busy hospital this week, and have no phone. What can I do to ensure I can get it fixed tomorrow? This happened with my last nexus and that's why I switched to this phone. Very unreliable

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sadly 100% quality control is not possible. What exactly isn't working? If nothing you an find or we can suggest that you haven't tried yet works, then you'll have to take it in for warranty repair or replacement, assuming of course you didn't damage it. I usually keep an older phone as a backup in case something happens with my main phone. If a temporary phone isn't available if you choose to use the warranty, then I'd other ask around or buy off Kijiji something dirt cheap so you can have better uptime for being reached.
Thanks for the reply. The entire phone isn't working, I can't even get it to turn on. It's not damaged, I didn't drop it or anything. It was really random.
Badge +4
Elyse Miltenburg-Blair wrote:

Thanks for the reply. The entire phone isn't working, I can't even get it to turn on. It's not da...

Have you noticed anything unusual prior to the phone failing? For example, having to charge the battery more often than usual? Does the G4 still accept a charge? Have you tried pressing and holding the power button in for seven seconds, to see if the phone will power back on? I think the battery may have expired. If that's the case, getting a battery from Amazon or eBay will take a few days to reach you. You could send the phone in for warranty repair today and ask for a loaner phone. A $150 deposit is required. You'll get the deposit back when the loaner is returned. If you decide to go ahead with warranty repair, don't forget to remove your SIM card and microSD card, (if applicable), from your phone.

Thanks for the reply. The entire phone isn't working, I can't even get it to turn on. It's not da...

I took it to Koodo. They took the battery out and put it in another phone and it works fine. It's the phone itself that's fried. I didn't notice anything different about it. I tried everything to power it back on, and it was at 70% battery when it bit the dust. They have sent it away for repairs and have given me a loaner. All my pictures are probably gone and I'm so disappointed about it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm sorry to hear that. You didn't by chance have an sd card that pictures were saved to or uploaded ? For the future so you don't lose them again look into doing that.
Badge +4

Or use Google Photos to store your photos online. The app should be built-in to most Android smartphones, but if not on your G4, here's the link to the app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.photos&hl=en