Koodo Community

Community

Solved

LG G4 not connecting to Koodo network

My wife's phone recently started showing Emergency calls only.  So she took it to Best Buy where she got it and they suggested backing up the phone doing a factory reset and then restoring from back up.  We did this be when it was all said and done still the same issue.  We got a new SIM and no difference.  It keeps saying cannot register the device.  Anyone see this before?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Maurice,

Did you play with the settings of something? Changed the APN or network settings?
not knowingly.  It still says sp.koodo.  My wife has the phone at work so I can't see settings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You're on prepaid or postpaid? Is everything paid?
Oh yes all is good that way.  She did call Koodo and they looked into all of that.  Credited her $10 for the new Sim card and all.  We are on a Tab so billed each month.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

She did call Koodo and they looked into all of that.

So is the problem solved atm? What was it?
Actually it's not fixed they were able to get it to turn on but was getting the emergency calls only at the bottom of the screen.  Is pulling the battery an option on the G4?  I have a Samsung S7 and I know it's not for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maurice Richard wrote:

Actually it's not fixed they were able to get it to turn on but was getting the emergency calls o...

Yes, the G4 has a removable battery.
Maurice Richard wrote:

Actually it's not fixed they were able to get it to turn on but was getting the emergency calls o...

Ok I'll try doing that tonight and see if I get anywhere, who knows...  Stranger things have happened.
Userlevel 6
Maurice Richard wrote:

@Maurice Richard:
Little likely that it'll help any at this point. You would have had to remove the battery in order to sim swap.
Sim reader might be defective. If that's the case, if you're within the first year since you got the phone, you may be able to send it in through warranty for repair.
If it's been more than a year, time to plan an upgrade. I do sense the urgency in getting your wife a working phone. Do you have a back-up phone lying around in the home to hold her up? Why I say that is promotions are about to get good towards the end of August (back to school).
Since she has the LG G4, may I recommend the LG G5 or the Samsung Galaxy A5? The promotion you get may be the primary factor in deciding which phone to get, but all else remaining the same, I'd recommend going with the Galaxy A5 over the LG G5...A5's got only good reviews and feedback, no overheating or bootloops.
Never hurts to call in to see if you qualify for a personalized offer 😃
Maurice Richard wrote:

Good point!  I'll see how things go tonight and if it comes to that, I still have my S3 and she may have her old one too, not sure what it was actually.  But we should be able to get her thru the month if that is the case.
Userlevel 6
Maurice Richard wrote:

Ah, you've used Samsung's in the past. In that case, I highly recommend the Galaxy A5. Mid-range phones are catching up to the flagships. S7's can overheat (although there hasn't been a recall yet), and the S8 is still crazy expensive. Back to school should do you well with promos.
Well we spent an hour on the phone tonight with Koodo and ended up going to Best Buy and buying a new phone, and yes it's an A5 bought it before seeing this comment.  My wife needed a new phone before the weekend so we had to act fast and for some reason we actually were able to get a pretty good deal on the phone, a nice case and got everything transfered over from the old phone.  So I guess case is closed.  Thanks everyone for all of your support.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maurice Richard wrote:

Well we spent an hour on the phone tonight with Koodo and ended up going to Best Buy and buying a...

Case is closed, but the problem was not solved? Sorry to hear about that!
Maurice Richard wrote:

Well we spent an hour on the phone tonight with Koodo and ended up going to Best Buy and buying a...

No worries.  Phones are not like they used to be.