Koodo Community

Community

Solved

LG G3 won't send my text

I just got a new phone today and kept my Rogers number and just noticed a text I sent (or thought I did) just has a 'sending' down at the bottom. I'm in Nanaimo and the text was going to Vancouver.
The text I sent the landlord upstairs (I live in the in-law suite) apparently received his.  Do I need to add a +1 to the front of a Vancouver area code?  

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Catherine, I think you should give that a try first and if it doesn't work, just comment back here so we can try to help you out. 🙂
well, [i]I tried adding the 1 but no go. But I sent a text to a friend in town and it went though no problem.   So I don't know why I cannot text to Vancouver 😕

Userlevel 5
On the new Canada Wide plans you can text anywhere in Canada and should not need to add 1.
Make sure the # you are texting to is correct.
Did you power down your phone and restart it to see if that helps?
Yep, contact number is bang on but off to google how to shut down the phone LOL
A reboot didn't help. I got an error saying 'currently unable to send service isn't available at the moment' and to try again later. Maybe I need to call Koodo tomorrow.
Userlevel 7
Catherine Lundgren wrote:

A reboot didn't help. I got an error saying 'currently unable to send service isn't available at ...

How's the reception in your area? How many bars do you usually get?

A reboot didn't help. I got an error saying 'currently unable to send service isn't available at ...

I've got three bars. With my now dead Nokia 710 I had no problem sending texts from home (with Rogers).   Is three bars enough? 

Okay, I get a tiny 100mb of mobile data monthly. I switched it on and my text to Vancouver went through. But i don't or shouldn't have to use data to send texts? Seems to defeat the purpose of using my home WiFi?
Userlevel 5

You must have actually sent a Picture text (MMS) and you do need Data turned on to send pictures texts.   There is no charge for pictures texts ( does not go against data use ) , BUT you do need Data turned on to send them.
Userlevel 5

Regular texting (SMS) does not need data on.

Yep, I've always had to switch on data to send pictures in a text even when I didn't have data with Rogers then quickly shut it off but these are regular texts with a few emotes or just text.
You can also try changing from the stockock app, to Verizon's Message +. See if that clears things up. Wipe cache. If all else fails, backup everything avg Factory Reset (using the key method, not settings, backup& reset, Factory Reset)

Posted via the Android Central App

Visit: http://shoprex.com/phones-and-tablets/mobiles/lg_bc5
Tami789 wrote:

You can also try changing from the stockock app, to Verizon's Message +. See if that clears thing...

I feel so inept. In real life I'm the one everyone goes to for tech help. A simple fix that I'm forever repeating is RESTART YOUR SYSTEM. So who didn't remember that one little thing? So after a shut off/ remove battery restart its sending texts like normal.