Koodo Community

Community

Solved

LG G3 sleeping and won't wake up, even if I tickle and poke it, it still won't light back up! Help?

My new Certified Pre-Owned LG G3 is constantly being unresponsive while "sleeping". Plugging it in tends to wake it up finally but if it won't turn on when I'm out I'm basically carrying a shiny brick.  Useless. I protect it with an iThrough waterproof case since I'm in construction and don't want condensation inside the case like my last otterboxed iPhone. Could the case effect anything?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If I'm not mistaken, all of the hard controls are on the back of this phone, so yes, a tough case could end up being a control problem.

You can verify this by taking it out of the case for a bit and seeing if the problem persists. If your problem is solved, you may have to consider a less aggressive case.
The case does impede the proximity sensor it seems. What I don't understand is why it would impede hanging up a call. The power button clics fine and I have the setting put to power key ends call, but if I reach someones voice box or they don't hang up on their end I have no way of hanging up or gaining access to my cell :S
Badge +4
Louis-Pierre D'Aoust-Messier wrote:

The case does impede the proximity sensor it seems. What I don't understand is why it would imped...

The power button should still end the call, you just don't have access to the dialpad. If the case covers the proximity sensor, this is the same as holding the phone up to your ear. The proximity sensor tells the phone to disable the dialpad during a call so that your chin or face won't accidentally touch the screen and end the call.