Koodo Community

Community

Solved

LG G3 Operating System question

At the moment, does LG G3 come with Kit Kat or Lollipop? I'm interested in buying this phone but I don't see the point if the problems that came with the update to Lollipop have not yet been resolved. Actually, does anyone know if the problems with Lollipop and this phone (battery drainage, lagging, etc) have been fixed yet?

8 replies

Userlevel 6
It comes with Android 5.1.1, which is Lollipop. When the phone comes preloaded with Lollipop, I'm finding it to be way more secure, compared to when a phone has Kit Kat and the phones is upgraded OTA
Userlevel 7
Jru Gordon wrote:

It comes with Android 5.1.1, which is Lollipop. When the phone comes preloaded with Lollipop, I'm...

It's not 5.1.1. It's still on 5.0.1.
Userlevel 6
Jru Gordon wrote:

It comes with Android 5.1.1, which is Lollipop. When the phone comes preloaded with Lollipop, I'm...

The ones I've been activating lately had 5.1.1
Userlevel 7
Jru Gordon wrote:

I had the G3 up until 2 weeks ago. It must a very recent update.
Jru Gordon wrote:

According to this article dated July 17, 2015, It has not yet been updated to 5.1.1:
http://www.androidorigin.com/lg-g2-lg-g3-lg-g4-android-5-1-1-lollipop-update/

"The LG G3 has already been updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop but there’s no telling whether or not it will in fact be receiving the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update from here. There hasn’t been any word from LG about whether or not they will be updating this device but some are already speculating that the South Korean electronics maker will be waiting to simply update it to Android M when the next update is released."

Userlevel 7
I didn't notice any terrible lag or battery drain when I had the G3 on 5.0.1. The battery was kind of average due to the high resolution display but it wasn't horrible. I've had worse.
Hi Jonathan - What about the problems about wifi connections/passwords not being saved? Do you know if 5.0.1 resolved these problems?
Thanks.
Userlevel 7
That wasn't an Android version issue, that was an LG software problem with Koodo SIM cards. There was a firmware update recently that fixed it.