Koodo Community

Community

Solved

LG G3 keeps rebooting every couple minutes :(

It recently started doing that so I did a full reset and brought it back to factory. It's been fine for a few days and now it's back to rebooting every few minutes. Do I need a new battery or is it something else? Would I be covered by this in my plan? I'm still currently paying for this phone so I'd love to resolve this without having to pay a fortune. Thanks in advance for any sort of help!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you had it for less than 12 months? If so, the warranty is still good. There's a few possibilities but there's not much you can do once you've done a hard factory reset and it doesn't fix the issue. I would at this point invoke the warranty.
Yeah I've had it for less than a year so I'll stop by a koodo booth tomorrow and see what they can do 😕 Thanks!
I just had my phone replaced through the extended warranty, I've had minor issues from the start but for the last week my phone has randomly rebooted at least three times each day. Yesterday it was 11 times. Not once did I ever experience this with my original G3. 
Badge +4
sarahso90s wrote:

I just had my phone replaced through the extended warranty, I've had minor issues from the start ...

If you've tried Goran's suggestion (factory reset) and the problem persists, your only other option is to send the phone back until you get one that works. I honestly have no idea where eSecuritel gets these phones, but I've read quite a few complaints of customers having to send devices back three or four times until they get a device that works. Hopefully and with any luck, your next replacement will work without issue.
sarahso90s wrote:

I just had my phone replaced through the extended warranty, I've had minor issues from the start ...

Thanks. I know when they approved my claim the told me to keep the box because it had a warranty of 30 days or something. I'm worried that they will try to count it as my second claim as it is a month or two past 30 days.
Badge +4
sarahso90s wrote:

Under the Extended Warranty Terms & Conditions: [b]What kind of a replacement phone will I receive? Your replacement phone will be of like kind and quality with similar functionality and comes with a 90-day warranty or the balance of the original warranty, whichever is greater.