Koodo Community

Community

Solved

LG G3 Dropping saved Wifi connection

Userlevel 2
I just purchased two LG G3's. I like the phone and one works fine but the other keeps dropping my home wifi completely. I have excellent signal strength but it drops out so completely that I need to re-enter my wifi key each time I re-connect it. In other words, it completely forgets it's saved wifi connection. Does anyone have similar problem and a known solution. I don't want to have to return the phone but it looks as if I may have to. Thanks

62 replies

Userlevel 7
Try going to settings>wifi>advanced and make sure the Wifi frequency band is set to auto.
Userlevel 2
Dont have a toggle for setting Wifi frequency band to auto. I have tried a soft reboot (removing battery), "forgot" the connection and re-connected and reset my router. Still the same issue. One phone stays connected and one periodically drops the wifi.
most likely you'll need to take it to koodo an they will need to send it to LG to fix WiFi has maybe malfunction personly dude I'd start looking for a new provider just seen what koodo did with the tab That's it im. done if there gonna be like that gonna go to a provider that's least gives protection plans an better prices an doesn't charge 15$ extra on are bill wtf no other carrier does that Koodo sold out
Daniel wilson wrote:

most likely you'll need to take it to koodo an they will need to send it to LG to fix WiFi has ma...

Go with telus and pay 120 for the same plan and be stuck in a 2 yr contract where you have to pay off the balance of your phone to cancel early. I think ill stick with koodo and save 60 bucks a month, despite the not as good reception.
I am having a similar issue. Everytime i leave wifi range and come back into range of wifi it wont log back on to the wifi automatically. I have to open the wifi settings and retype the password for the wif to get it to connect.
Alex wrote:

I am having a similar issue. Everytime i leave wifi range and come back into range of wifi it won...

check to make sure that in advanced wifi settings that you have "keep wi-fi on when screen is off" says YES. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alex wrote:

I am having a similar issue. Everytime i leave wifi range and come back into range of wifi it won...

Shanda, this thread is 2 years old and has already been answered.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you have access, go into your router settings and assign a fixed IP address to each of the phones by using the phone mac addresses. Sometimes reserving a place at the table where they don't have to ask for an invitation will help things out.
It does it everywhere I use wifi not just at home. My old phone would always connect to any saved wifi when I was in range.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alex wrote:

It does it everywhere I use wifi not just at home. My old phone would always connect to any save...

I would then do a factory reset, if your data is backed up. If the problem persists, return it for repair.
I have the same problem
Quick fix (not a solution): 1) root phone 2) install supersu, busybox and build prop editor 3) search for the line 'Wifi.lge.patch' in the build prop and change the value to false. Save and reboot Obviously not ideal and really should have been noticed before selling the phone on Koodo but at least following the steps above the hotspot will save, it won't auto reconnect however
I've seen that and one other fix for this problem. They both involve rooting, does that not good the phones warranty?
Alex wrote:

I've seen that and one other fix for this problem. They both involve rooting, does that not good ...

Yes it does unfortunately. For the vast majority of people affected it would be best to wait for an official response from Koodo
Alex wrote:

I've seen that and one other fix for this problem. They both involve rooting, does that not good ...

you mean that it's the problem for all of g3s as i called lg today and they told me to return it and get another one , my concern is if this problem is on all of lg g3s i will ask them to give me another model or phone
Badge +4
Alex wrote:

It is a known problem that affects some LG G3's not all.
Alex wrote:

Can I ask where you got that info rikkster? Just curious because I could only find very few people with the same issue. Before Koodo started offering the phone that is **Edit** I didn't see you were replying to the post above
Badge +4
Alex wrote:

XDA Developers. https://www.google.ca/search?q=LG+G3&oq=LG+G3&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l2&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=lg+g3+dropping+wifi+site:forum.xda-developers.com Edit: Some report having the Wi-Fi issue, while others do not.
Alex wrote:

today i went to the retailer but the problem was with another lg g3
Alex wrote:

it seems all of them have this issue
Alex wrote:

When I went he said he hasn't seen the problem before, but he seemed new. They said they would give me another one I just didn't have the box with me.
I have the same problem. Phone will not auto-connect and when I connect manually it does not remember the wifi password.
Userlevel 1
Is this the only problem you guys have experience with the LG G3? I'm asking because, I'm planing to get it soon and I want to know good is the Canadian version of the Phone!! Any Help will be kindly appreciate it!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Don't want to be accused of piling on but similar problems reported on French Community site as well. If you can still return or postpone a purchase, I would wait until the dust settles. A phone with no reliable wifi is going to make a big sucking sound in your wallet.
Userlevel 7
I don't have this issue with my G3. I've had it for a month or so (I'm with Telus). I've also sold a bunch of them to customers on other carriers before and we haven't had to send one out for repair yet. Seems to be the Koodo G3s affected by this?