Koodo Community

Community

Solved

LG G3 (D852) Android 6.0 Update?

I've seen at least one stock rom for the LG G3 phone on XDA but it was for the D855 variant so I was wondering if Koodo/Telus has released a build of the rom for my variant.
I'm currently running CM 13 nightlies to see what it's all about and I was most excited for the battery saving opportunity but CM 13 uses more battery than before and isn't without bugs.

If there is a rom anywhere could I grab a link? 

Thanks again.

14 replies

My battery life sucks too i charge it twice a day or more it dyes so fast
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you have terrible battery life just buy a second battery and swap it out when it dies, that's the beauty of having a removable battery. Problem solved with no chance of possibly bricking your phone or issues running unofficial software.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

If you have terrible battery life just buy a second battery and swap it out when it dies, that's ...

Not really my issue/question. I rarely ever run stock and have been using CM based ROMs as my daily driver ever since I've had an android phone. I was only wondering if an official had been released or not.
Badge +4

If you have terrible battery life just buy a second battery and swap it out when it dies, that's ...

Nightlies are inherently full of bugs. You'll have to wait until CM comes out with a stable release candidate for your model. It's been awhile since I've run custom ROMs, truth be told, it's really not worth the bother, for me anyway. Newer devices and versions of Android employ many of the features found in custom ROMs, including improved battery life.

Lol there hasn't even been a stable release for my phone. Only stable nightlies. But it's cool, I'll just keep my eyes open till stock is released again. Just to clarify: There is no stock marshmallow rom for my phone yet?

Cm13 nightly for the LG G3 d852 is prerrt dam stable! And its getting updates strait from devices trees the last week or so. I have been using it for almost 2 months now.

Ehhh, it's gotten better. There are CPU temperature issues, WiFi issues, battery issues and more currently. But that's what we get for not having a lot of maintainers.
I'd just like to go to stock for a bit until 13 becomes a little more stable. I've been chatting in the subforum for our phone on the CM forums.

What theme are you using?

I beleive that was stock in the screen shot above. But a good one if you like darker themes is the "Deep Darkness Theme" in the playstore

If I recall correctly I was using Gem Emerald (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mac.theme.gemerald&hl=en) really not the best CM13 theme but it is great for CM12.
I have an LG G3 from Telus ( Software version D85220j ) and want to upgrade to Marshmallow to get the benefits of better application permissions control!  

How do I find out when the custom rom is ready? Will it be automatically pushed out to my phone  or do I need to take some extra steps?
Scott L. wrote:

I have an LG G3 from Telus ( Software version D85220j ) and want to upgrade to Marshmallow to get...

Really depends on what you are running. If you're running stock Lollipop, you'll get a notification when the update is released and you'll be able to update via OTA. I'm running a custom ROM so I won't get that notification, that's why I created this thread mostly.
http://forum.telus.com/articles/53566/mobility/software-update-schedule
Telus is rolling out their version of Marshmallow for the G3 on March 14th, so I assume Koodo will have a similar update schedule? (hope)

Evan Burgess wrote:

[url=http://forum.telus.com/articles/53566/mobility/software-update-schedule]http://forum.telus.c...

Hoping the same. Thanks for posting!