Koodo Community

Community

Solved

LG G3 Battery Issues

My LG G3 went in for service with battery issues and it continues to count down battery percentage when plugged in as will actually charge. They replaced the battery port and battery. Any advice?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you using the original charger? My advice is try charging it in airplane mode or turn it off to charge it and that should at least help you get it charged. If your still having charging issues and its under warranty or was just fixed, send them an email back or send back the phone for another repair unfortunately that's inconvenient.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you using it while it's plugged in and that's when it's going down ? If so you should never use your phone while it's plugged in for various reasons. If it's plugged into a computer and not the supplied AC wall charger that doesn't charge your phone as fast at all.
Original LG cord and adapter. I have it plugged into the wall with Wi-Fi off and couldn't get a charge (from 11%) above 38% in three hours. I have airplane mode on now and can hopefully get the battery up so I can bring the phone in again. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lindsåy Jënkïns wrote:

Original LG cord and adapter. I have it plugged into the wall with Wi-Fi off and couldn't get a c...

Yeah it should help for sure. If not then turn the phone off and let it charge while it's off.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You mentioned "They replaced the battery port and battery." 
Did you send your phone for repair via Koodo?
If so, how long ago?
I did send it into repair via Koodo with these battery issues. I just got it back on Wednesday. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lindsåy Jënkïns wrote:

I did send it into repair via Koodo with these battery issues. I just got it back on Wednesday.&n...

I hope your issue resolved with all others suggestions.
But if it continued, I would go back to a Koodo store to ask for repair again 🙂

Userlevel 7
Have you tried using another cord/adapter?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try turning the phone OFF for about 4 hours and see how the charge goes up. If it still is flaky, then there's a charger issue.

You can try a battery tester app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm

to see what's pulling the most juice. I have a VoIP calling app that runs in the background on my phone and the battery is lucky to last a day after a 100% charge, because it's constantly monitoring or looking for wifi connections.