Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo update schedule

What happened to the Koodo update schedule?  I just happened to have a peek at it today and everything has been removed except for an update yesterday for the M9.  And actually I had a post linking to it and commenting on the updates for the Z Play and it has disappeared too!  It was answered so maybe that's why it disappeared lol.

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/upcoming-software-updates

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They might be the same as Telus's : http://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Software-Update-Schedule/ta-p/53566
Userlevel 3
Koodo has a different update schedule than Telus for some phones, e.g. my S7 got the November security update about 2-3 weeks after Telus.
I also noticed a lot of phones disappeared from the update schedule list, I could see my S7 getting Android Nougat on February 8th.
Yeah a little confused - there were about ten updates listed a few days ago and now there's just the one.  Maybe it's just being updated with new schedule dates - will watch and see if there are new postings in the next little bit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Folks, some of the OEM changed the dates so we had to pull the earlier version as they no longer were correct. We haven't gotten new dates yet. As soon as we will it will be posted. 
Ah that makes complete sense.  Thanks for the update Bernard.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
James Turcotte wrote:

Ah that makes complete sense.  Thanks for the update Bernard.

No worries!
Just to rehash this topic again.....Telus and Rogers started pushing 7.0 to the Z Play on the 2nd.  Still nothing from Koodo as of this morning - any idea on timing?  Normally Koodo is about three or four days behind Telus so we should have seen it by now, shouldn't we?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
James Turcotte wrote:

Just to rehash this topic again.....Telus and Rogers started pushing 7.0 to the Z Play on the 2nd...

No one knows when the update will come until it is posted on the schedule. It was on there for a breif time but got taken down. The update should be coming soon but other than that no one has any insight on when it is coming so we just have to be patient.
Userlevel 6
James Turcotte wrote:

Just to rehash this topic again.....Telus and Rogers started pushing 7.0 to the Z Play on the 2nd...

This could be a coincidence.
We're on the TKP software channel (Telus/Koodo/Public) if you look at the info in "about phone" on your MZP.
OTA's are often released by carrier in batches, meaning not all at once.
It may be possible that Telus made the corporate decision to push the OTA to MZP's whose IMEI's have been activated under Telus vs. Koodo, but that would be hard to prove (unless we had an official internal communication from Telus).
And as if on cue 7.0 is downloading to my phone as we speak lol. 
Userlevel 6
James Turcotte wrote:

And as if on cue 7.0 is downloading to my phone as we speak lol. 

W00t, gonna boot up my MZP tonight 😃