Koodo Community
Question

Koodo Tab Plans and Going Overseas

• 5 October 2013
  • 6 replies

I'm looking to get a Canada-wide plan with Koodo so I can get a 0 dollar Nexus 4 with $5 monthly tab (medium). However, I'll be going overseas for 4 months starting January, so I'd be paying the $10 holding fee per month. I'm just wondering if I would have to pay an extra $5 per month as well, and if I do does that mean my tab will be 0 at the end of 24 months (including the 4 month overseas)?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Marie, Unfortunately, right now it is not possible to get the seasonal hold plan on a medium tab... something that I don't think is documented (yet) but it is something for you to keep in mind 🙂
If it was more then 3 months that you had the service,you could of simply just had the phone unlocked.
Userlevel 4
Nexus 4's come factory unlocked, so you can bring the phone with you and get a prepaid simcard from one of the carriers over there. You would still have to pay your Koodo bill though because( like Sophia has stated) we cannot do a hold on Tab Medium plans.
Userlevel 2
Nexus 4's come factory unlocked, so you can bring the phone with you and get a prepaid simcard fr...A seaonal hold can be activated on an account with a Tab M plan. The Tab charge is still applied.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nexus 4's come factory unlocked, so you can bring the phone with you and get a prepaid simcard fr...Are you quite sure, Myke? It was asked the other day, we were all puzzled about this too... but then it was confirmed that it is not possible as yet. Here is where it was originally discussed: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/seasonal_hold_with_a_tab
Userlevel 2
Nexus 4's come factory unlocked, so you can bring the phone with you and get a prepaid simcard fr...Yup. I confirmed with my Supervisor who confirmed it from upper management.