Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo stores say they are no Samsung Note 4 phones left. In the Koodo webstore is says the Note 4 is only available in stores?


I have been greatly incovienced because of Koodo since 2 weeks before Xmas.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Unfortunately there is a finite supply of devices and as the supply dwindles down they become harder and harder to find. Koodo can't know what each retailer may or may not have in stock so it's kinda a while supplies last thing. That being said yyou should also check best buy to see what stock they may have.
Userlevel 7
Hi Janice,

Use this link to find all the Koodo retailers in your area and check if there are other possible stores (Like Walmart and Bestbuy). It also gives you their phone number if you want to call ahead and make sure they have the phone in stock.
Userlevel 5
The Note 4 wasn't available in retailers, only in Koood shops. But as others have said, you can always reach out to the shops before going in. I don't know if the Koodo shops are able to transfer inventory, but maybe you can see if they can bring one in for you, or at least see if they can check what other shops may have one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mark Kokolsky wrote:

The Note 4 wasn't available in retailers, only in Koood shops. But as others have said, you can a...

Many of the Koodo boutiques will direct your call directly to voicemail. If you want a prompt reply, make sure you say you are looking to buy a Note 4 right now. The fact that a decent-sized sale is in the works may motivate the staff. 😉
Userlevel 3
Have you tried contacting Samsung?
Yes I have. Samsung requested that I get back to Koodo and have a 3 way phone coversation set up. The manager of Koodo customer service refused. Koodo is bullshit.
Userlevel 7
Janice wrote:

Yes I have. Samsung requested that I get back to Koodo and have a 3 way phone coversation set up....

They can't make stock magically appear. They aren't getting anymore and that probably why he's refusing a conference call. Sometimes people are telling you the truth, even if you don't like it.
Janice wrote:

Yes I have. Samsung requested that I get back to Koodo and have a 3 way phone coversation set up....

Fair enough. Why advertise them then?????
Userlevel 7
Janice wrote:

Yes I have. Samsung requested that I get back to Koodo and have a 3 way phone coversation set up....

Because stock of it exists at other stores, just because your particular kiosk doesn't have any doesn't mean other kiosks don't have any
Janice wrote:

Yes I have. Samsung requested that I get back to Koodo and have a 3 way phone coversation set up....

Ok...If you can locate for me a notebbook 4 ...at any kiosk in canada...or any store in Canada...or any online ....as of today advertised at $0 with tab plus....I give you my word that I will send you $50. I'm not stupid. I have tried all across Canada. Koodo odviously pulled them off the shelves but continue to advertise to get the cutomers in.
Userlevel 7
Janice wrote:

Yes I have. Samsung requested that I get back to Koodo and have a 3 way phone coversation set up....

I'm sorry you feel like someone is trying to be deceptive. They really aren't. Keep in mind the Note 5 is/will be in demand shortly so it'd make sense to sell off your stock of its predecessor before ordering it's replacement (if they are ordering it at all). Best of luck.
Janice wrote:

Yes I have. Samsung requested that I get back to Koodo and have a 3 way phone coversation set up....

Thank you for that. I understand all that. It's so morally wrong though....to advertise a product that you have no intentions of stocking. Yes I realize the notebook 5 will be out soon but I honestly will not be able to afford. I so hoped for the notebook 4. I have also been waiting for months for Koodo to reduce notebook 4 price. ...and when they do...they dont stock them. The notebook 4 was of great importance to me because I have a handicapp and need the pen. This is why I still have notebook 2. The pen made a huge difference for me. Plus I loved so many other things about it too. I just wish Koodo would go out of their way to help me. Could they not ship me a notebook 4....even if they have to special order it from Samsung? I have been a good customer. Ive been loyal. Ive pumped up their previous awesome service to friends and family. I pay my bills on time. Im just asking for a little human kindness....for someone in Koodo to please help me get this phone. It would only take a few minutes of their time. Do you all get what I am saying? Please. ..I dont want to go to Telus or another provider. Can anyone in koodo please help me??? It's not as if there are no more notebook 4 left anywhere in the world. They are out there. Can someone in Koodo please help?? Or could someone provide me with the number of koodos ceo? Or the top cheese? So I can ask them? Come on Koodo....be a good samaritan....please make an expection.
Userlevel 7
Janice wrote:

Yes I have. Samsung requested that I get back to Koodo and have a 3 way phone coversation set up....

Koodo isn't going to be getting any more, they are trying to get rid of them. If your local stores have none available, then perhaps try widening your search to a different city near yours? Or even buy it second-hand from Kijiji or eBay. 

It's not Koodo's fault that their aren't any left, that's what happens when their are promotions like activation credits. As the device is currently only available in store it can't be shipped out to you. 

Best of luck.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Janice wrote:

Yes I have. Samsung requested that I get back to Koodo and have a 3 way phone coversation set up....

Even if koodo was willing to special order the phone for you from Samsung, they would not be selling it to you at a reduced price. They would be charging full retail. The entire reason the price dropped was so that koodo could clear their inventory. Taking a loss on remaining stock is still preferable to not selling it at all. There is no way any company would special order stock when they know they will be selling it at a loss.
Userlevel 5
Janice wrote:

Yes I have. Samsung requested that I get back to Koodo and have a 3 way phone coversation set up....

Likely what happened is you waited too long to get it. They probably dropped the price to clear out remaining inventory, and that's exactly what they did. Unfortunately the inventory cleared out before you were able to grab one. I'm sure there are some floating around somewhere at a Koodo shop, but I don't know if they can do store transfers or anything like that.

As for the Koodo customer service manager not wanting to have a 3 way call with Samsung, that wouldn't surprise me. There is absolutely nothing that the person on the phone with Samsung, or the Customer service manager could do to change inventory.

Now depending on if you were looking at buying it full price, you could always buy a Telus one locally and just put your Koodo simcard in it. But that means you would be paying more up front for the phone (and avoiding the monthly tab charge). Past that there is likely not much anyone can really do. Maybe ask a local Koodo shop if there is any way they can bring one in from another store in Canada that may have one in stock.

Reply