Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo sim won't work in LG Optimus T

I have an older LG Optimus T (unlocked), when I put my Koodo sim in it (it has been in my iphone - working), I don't get any service in the LG. The LG is definitely unlocked as I have used 3 different sims from different continents. why won't my koodo sim work in the LG?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Which carrier was it initially intended for before it was "unlocked"? It's possible that it's simply not compatible with Koodo's network, unfortunately. Several older phones from US carriers (for example T-Mobile) even if they're HSPA-compatible won't work with Koodo. An example would be the Nexus S - it was technically supposed to be unlocked & usable on all HSPA carriers, however, the one made for T-Mobile didn't work with a Koodo SIM (or many others from other countries) but it would work with a Rogers SIM.
Userlevel 5
From what I can tell here (http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_optimus_t-3544.php) it's a T-Mobile device that is not comparable with Koodo's 3G towers. Since Koodo doesn't have 2G towers this is the same situation as the Nexus one described by John above. It will only work with Rogers/Fido as far as the big networks go in Canada.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 3G Network HSDPA 1700 / 2100 Koodo operates on 3G, 850/1900. They do not have a 2G network. The phone is not compatible.
thank you so much for the diagnosis. Sounds like you are right - it was an old T-Mobile phone originally. I had never even thought that it wouldn't work here as it's been old travel phone (and back up phone when I have issues with my current phone). Thanks!