Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo sim card not working with Koodo Phone

I just bought the Galaxy S2X today from a Koodo Shop, and I tried to switch my current Koodo SIM card with the one I had in the phone. The new SIM card I got worked on my old phone (Optimus LG) but my old SIM card doesn't work on my new phone. Help please!

25 replies

Userlevel 6
Do you have only one number on your acct? If so, it can only be assigned to 1 SIM at a time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

Do you have only one number on your acct? If so, it can only be assigned to 1 SIM at a time.

Exactly they will cancel the old one when they give you a new one. The old one is Garbage now because they can only be assigned once. - KID ANDROID, ( Team.Android.Canada)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

Actually, if they swapped the new sim card onto the account when you didn't need it you should be able to swap the old one back on through self serve. I know it works between full sized and micro sim so it should work between the two full sized cards.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

They can't be used on another account though right?
Userlevel 6
John Burke wrote:

@Kid: Correct. Once assigned a # cannot be assigned another but can be reassigned the same #.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

I guess it might be a good idea to keep it then as I have heard of some ppl SIM Card screwing up although I've never ran into that issue. I was thinking only of selling it or giving to a friend or family member to use so I said it was garbage. Keep it as a back up I guess would be the thing to do. Oh and Thanks guys.
Userlevel 2
He has 2 sim cards and 2 phones, his old sim card works in both phones but the new sim card doesn't work in the old phone. That's how I read it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
James wrote:

He has 2 sim cards and 2 phones, his old sim card works in both phones but the new sim card doesn...

"The NEW SIM card I got worked on my old phone (Optimus LG) but my OLD SIM card doesn't work on my new phone." This would be consistent with the new sim card being swapped onto the account while the old one was deactivated. Not sure why you're reading it the other way around.
Userlevel 1
James wrote:

He has 2 sim cards and 2 phones, his old sim card works in both phones but the new sim card doesn...

Sim cards are one time use. Once deactivated, they're garbage.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
James wrote:

I beg to differ. I work for koodo and have both swapped sim cards back onto accounts and helped customers do it themselves. They cannot be used on a different account once they have been registered but they can be re-registered to the same account after being swapped out.
Userlevel 1
James wrote:

I was told by a Koodo kiosk employee that sim cards are one time use. Just saying
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
James wrote:

See previous statement.
Userlevel 5
James wrote:

Samsvoc they're good for 90 days after deactivation as long as they're going on the same number.
Userlevel 1
James wrote:

Well then, I was misinformed by a Koodo kiosk employee. Thanks Jorden.
Userlevel 5
James wrote:

No problem, and just to confirm I swapped my old micro sim back onto my account today (for 5 mins) to keep it active. It's been deactivated since Sept 21 when I switched to a Nano sim.
James wrote:

Thanks for heads up Timo. I could of saved $10 cause i was also told by a Koodo employee at a Koodo Kiosk in Edmonton that i needed to buy a new SIMS when i reactivated my BB in the same account/#
James wrote:

hi my number is (519) 635-5086 I paid my bill some days ago but my phone doesn't work
James wrote:

I tried to call 611 to no aval. I need the phone up and running by tomorrow!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
James wrote:

was your phone disconnected?
Userlevel 7
James wrote:

Koodo is closed at the moment and they were closed when you called Monday – Friday: 9am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pm All times are Eastern.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
James wrote:

Times are local time for Eastern, Central, Mountain and Pacific.
Userlevel 7
James wrote:

Oh no way, that's dope. Didn't know that=)
I went back and got the phone fixed, turns out the lady at the Kiosk activated a SIM card and gave me another. Thanks for the help though guys, I really appreciate it!
Userlevel 7
Michael Zhong wrote:

I went back and got the phone fixed, turns out the lady at the Kiosk activated a SIM card and gav...

This boggles my mind... when a client can keep their old SIM, I just take it out and put it in the new phone. If they require a new one, I finish activating the SIM and put it in the phone. Not very difficult...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Michael Zhong wrote:

I went back and got the phone fixed, turns out the lady at the Kiosk activated a SIM card and gav...

You do it how it should be done to speed up the process & make the customer happy they got a new phone up and going in a couple minutes and they're on their way.