Koodo Community

Community

koodo scam my minutes when I received call

Scammed by koodo

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Could you give more details please? Including where you were when receiving calls, what kind of plan you have, etc?
Goran wrote:

Could you give more details please? Including where you were when receiving calls, what kind of p...

I'm in Quebec I received call front ontario, I buy booster add on for call
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unless your plan specifically says "unlimited incoming calls", both incoming and outgoing calls will use your minutes. This is not a scam, and it's the same for every provider in North America.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Unless your plan specifically says "unlimited incoming calls", both incoming and outgoing calls w...

I have prepaid plans and I buy booster add on for call
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Unless your plan specifically says "unlimited incoming calls", both incoming and outgoing calls w...

I see
Userlevel 1
Please State plan you're on as well as where you were receiving this call.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Danny has posted here before about the same "concern". Has a prepaid plan and believes minutes went missing? @Danny, you contacted us on Facebook, we did the best to explain, not sure if there is anything else we can solve here.
But is the second time that I have problem with my minutes in kood what happen in koodo,need I pay for incoming call now is crazy idea
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Denny Char wrote:

But is the second time that I have problem with my minutes in kood what happen in koodo,need I pa...

With prepaid, unless you have the $35 or $50 base plan then you will use your minutes/have to pay for incoming calls. I don't believe this is anything new.
Userlevel 5
Denny Char wrote:

But is the second time that I have problem with my minutes in kood what happen in koodo,need I pa...

Allan's right Denny! You may pick a Base Plan that covers incoming calls such as the $35 Base Plan so that incoming calls will not use your minutes. Any plan below this one will use your Booster's minutes whenever you receive a call.

Hope this clarifies things!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Denny Char wrote:

It looks like it did Tayeb! Danny is happy again. :-) 

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/thank-to-koodo-for-fast-answer-and-solutions?utm_sour...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's the way of Canada, Nadim and Denny... When I first moved here I was shocked to hear that too, but it makes sense. In Europe and other places the caller dials a special number to reach a mobile phone and pays extra for that, here it is the mobile subscriber who pays for incoming. It's just a different system 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

It's the way of Canada, Nadim and Denny... When I first moved here I was shocked to hear that too...

I agree Sophia! Why should the caller pay a premium because the person called chooses to use a mobile phone? It should be as transparent as any other call.