Koodo Community

Koodo representative refused to change my screen protector

• 28 December 2018
  • 8 replies

Bought Samsung S9 few days ago.And asked koodo representative to put screen protector on.They installed me Belkin tempered glass. 20 min late i noticed large air pockets under the protector. Came back to the kiosk and asked them to do something. And was told to contact Belkin ask them to send me new one.So I'm calling Belkin and they are ok with replacing my screen protector but i have to send old one back and wait from 8 to 10 weeks. 3 bloody months? Are you joking Koodo. You sold me this crap and want me to wait?You charging me 50$ and want me to wait for 10 weeks?
So i went back. After the long argument with koodo supervisor. They changed my protector to the new one.
And 20 min later you can clearly see that air pocket again. So I'm at the kiosk again. Explaining what i don't want this garbage,i just need a film protection and not glass. The same as on my S8( installed here and serve me perfectly).
And Koodo refused to change it to me.
I'm really disappointed. I have 2 phones with you.And been with you for last 5 years. And you treating us like this?
I just going to take my phone and that useless protector back to the shop this week

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They didn't want to change the second film they installed wrong? Why don't you notice the bubble when they install it and it'd always after you qui the shop?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi,
They are selling phone and cellular services. And from your description, they did change it for you once. If you would like you could ask for screen protector refund.

Honestly, I would suggest you find yourself an amazon film protector, if that was what you want.
This screen protector only good for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes it's coming off.The glue does not hold it at all. That's why you don't see it straight away. That spot developing in the next 10-20 min.And i was told not to put any cases on my phone.And i followed i instructions precisely.
For me problem is i just ask sales person if they have something for my phone. They told me yes and sold me this. But it's not working.And instead of looking in to the problem they just ignored me,it's not our problem.I understand the don't give a f. But they selling me.And there's obviously defective cover. Just change it.And take it away from sale.And don't tell me it's it's my problem now.And i did ask for refund just return my money and submit your application to the belkin and get your refund. But i was clearly told nothing they can do and I'm on my own.
And before they changed me that screen protector first time it took me two hours in total begging and asking to do something
And i will definitely get something from Amazon and will try to install it on my phone.By myself
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There are no Tempered Glass screen protectors that work well with Samsung's curved displays except the stone dome glass ones that use a bottle of glue to apply and a UV light to cure. If your wanting a Tempered Glass this is the only one to try, all others will have issues
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Even the film ones are prone to being installed crooked. I have yet to successfully install a screen protector thst didn't bunch up on s side slightly enough to cause the whole side to bubble up and dirty up. Youd either need to go to bestbuy where they will just swap it out if it falloff or is installed wrong or periodically replace them yourself.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo kiosks warranty screen protectors for a year in store so you should've just been able to go there for a replacement. Usually if you get someone nice they'll just do that for you but I guess some could be more picky and say you need to contact the manufacturer instead.
Userlevel 1
There are no Tempered Glass screen protectors that work well with Samsung's curved displays except the stone dome glass ones that use a bottle of glue to apply and a UV light to cure. If your wanting a Tempered Glass this is the only one to try, all others will have issues

I had the same problem as the OP but this was for my new S8. I was in Vietnam and my mother in law went to a store to put the tempered glass on for me. It worked fine the first day but a air pocket developed on the right side of the screen the next day.

It was at first pretty small so I ignored it but it got bigger day by day. After a while the air bubble was down the whole right side.

I went to a different store and the guy there used the glue and UV light to install the glass. Didn't know why he was doing that due to the language barrier. He also used a razor to spread the last remaining bit of glue,

This took a good 20 minutes, I didn't understand why it was taking so long to put on a glass screen. The best part was it only cost $12!