Koodo Community

Community

Koodo please do something about kiosks; give them powers. V. bad experience @ kiosk


Koodo has been great for a while now. I think its plans are really good but nowadays, the prices are getting higher and higher making it difficult for students and low 'budgeteers' to jump the bandwagon. To add to the problem, there are issues in resolving account matters at local Koodo kiosks since they don't have the 'adequate' permissions to help you. From my experience at Fairview, I wasn't helped at all with regards to my account and the gentleman 'serving' me just offered me to use the phone at customer service casually (not caring about the customers' needs in the least). Firstly, it would be great if Koodo allowed the kiosks to have 'powers' for dealing with existing koodo account holders such as processing Tab transactions, change of plans, and cancellation at these kiosks. Secondly, it wouldn't hurt if the issue of paying off the Tab is more clear. I am a student and I have enough loans; I just want to know how I can pay off my tab or completely own the phone. Koodo claims there is no fixed term contract in their plans but the Tab is sort of a contract because people are binded to their phone until they can pay it off; in my case, even though I wanted to pay it off, I couldn't and that is why I made the choice of cancelling my account (which I am reconsidering now because I like my old plan). I hope other customers don't have to cancel their account just because they don't receive adequate information on how they can pay off their tab and own their phone (like I had to). FYI, Rogers and other providers offer the services mentioned above so I Koodo should definitely do so. Also, customer service at the kiosks should be superior - not inferior - because thats one of the major ways a company can maintain its consumer base and attract new customers. That's just my two cents. I hope Koodo's services and plans become better 🙂

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Paying off the Tab is still against Koodo's policy anyway you cut it, so that's not gonna change anytime soon, kiosks or not. I manage the Mobile Shop in Aurora (I was in Uxbridge for a year before this location) and despite my even MORE limited capabilities than a Koodo shop, there's a channel support line we can call to have them make changes to client's accounts that are outside of our hands. Using channel support, I've successfully done the following things multiple times for multiple clients: ToRs, adjusted Tab amounts so I can invoice it properly in my POS (only increments of $50 allowed), edited pre-authorized payment options, changed rate plans, check if spending limit is eligible to be removed, checked airtime/usage summary, explained bills, and so on! Heck, even the loyalty team comes through with Tab reductions to ensure we get the sale. Telling a client to just call the customer service line doesn't always cut it! Sounds like the rep wasn't too willing to help you. Next time you're in Aurora come and pay us a visit and we'll make sure you're taken care of. 🙂
Userlevel 4
Jonathan I wrote:

Paying off the Tab is still against Koodo's policy anyway you cut it, so that's not gonna change ...

I know I will if I ever leave Thunder Bay lol
Jonathan I wrote:

Paying off the Tab is still against Koodo's policy anyway you cut it, so that's not gonna change ...

I should Aiye 😛 - The gentleman seemed like he didn't care in the least.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Perhaps you can explain a concept that I have trouble grasping: why is it that you say you have no plans to leave koodo and yet would prefer to pay more for your phone than you need to by paying off your tab now? As long as you stay with koodo your tab balance goes down every month at no cost to you beyond what you pay for service, so if you plan to stay anyway why not save your money?
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Perhaps you can explain a concept that I have trouble grasping: why is it that you say you have ...

Yes but I don't want to have an obligation towards Koodo in this respect. I want to pay for the phone's services for the ongoing usage not the phone for the next 3 years which would be the case with my current (old 25) plan. It's a little complicated to explain. Its like I don't want myself to be in repayment to OSAP for multiple years; I just want to get over with it. Hope that sheds light on my situation.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Perhaps you can explain a concept that I have trouble grasping: why is it that you say you have ...

You still don't make any sense. The point of the tab is so that the phone is paid for you while you are with Koodo. With Koodo's current system, it makes very little sense to pay for the phone when Koodo will. If you wanted to pay for the phone upfront, you should have done that from the start.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Perhaps you can explain a concept that I have trouble grasping: why is it that you say you have ...

Yes, but the goverment does not pay your student loan for you, and you save on interest charges by paying it off faster. Neither is the case with the tab. You aren't saving anything by paying the tab off yourself, you're actually spending more.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Perhaps you can explain a concept that I have trouble grasping: why is it that you say you have ...

Well you get the 10% BYOD
Userlevel 7
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Perhaps you can explain a concept that I have trouble grasping: why is it that you say you have ...

That's true, but it would take a long time for a customer to break even from paying off the old Tab. That's why it doesn't make sense.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Perhaps you can explain a concept that I have trouble grasping: why is it that you say you have ...

Agreed with @ Jonathan. The concept of a Koodo tab is basically a contract - one which companies like Rogers and others have started to steer away from. Koodo just doesn't say that up front. I prefer to pay off my phone because I don't want to be in a 'hidden' contract for my four years with Koodo. I heard about Koodo's new tab and that is ridiculous as well. What's wrong with paying things off?
Userlevel 1
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Perhaps you can explain a concept that I have trouble grasping: why is it that you say you have ...

There is no money in it for you to pay off early. For Koodo its win win. Pay your tab early, you loose the cheap plan that u have now. Then you go to new and more expensive plan, especially if you use the New Tabs system.
Userlevel 4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Perhaps you can explain a concept that I have trouble grasping: why is it that you say you have ...

You don't neccessarily HAVE TO change your plan if you go the new tab system as long as the currrent plan meets the minimum requirements financially.
[i]Firstly, it would be great if Koodo allowed the kiosks to have 'powers' for dealing with existing koodo account holders such as processing Tab transactions, change of plans, and cancellation at these kiosks. Kiosk can process tab transactions, in terms of account owners using it to purchase a phone. Since you can't do anything more with the tag than this, I am unsure what you mean. Kiosk reps used to change rate plans, but because Koodo is pushing Self Serve, you can do the rate plan change yourself. No need to use the Kiosk Rep's time when they can be doing other things, such as activations. Cancellation must be done by the account owner and must be called in as there is a specialzied team that deals with the cancellations. [i]Secondly, it wouldn't hurt if the issue of paying off the Tab is more clear. I am a student and I have enough loans; I just want to know how I can pay off my tab or completely own the phone. Koodo claims there is no fixed term contract in their plans but the Tab is sort of a contract because people are binded to their phone until they can pay it off; in my case, even though I wanted to pay it off, I couldn't and that is why I made the choice of cancelling my account (which I am reconsidering now because I like my old plan). The only way to pay the tab out is to cancel your account. You cannot pay the tab off any other way. Koodo will pay off your phone as long as you remain a custiomer with them.
Marcus Fenix wrote:

[i]Firstly, it would be great if Koodo allowed the kiosks to have 'powers' for dealing with exist...

I hope they change this. I read somewhere just recently that you can add a credit towards your Tab but I don't know quite how I can do this. 😕
Marcus Fenix wrote:

[i]Firstly, it would be great if Koodo allowed the kiosks to have 'powers' for dealing with exist...

You can't because there is no option to. You read wrong.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Marcus Fenix wrote:

[i]Firstly, it would be great if Koodo allowed the kiosks to have 'powers' for dealing with exist...

The only way to pay off your tab sooner is to recommend koodo to a friend or family member & fill out the recommendation forms and then when the person you recommended to Koodo has signed up and had service through koodo for a set amount of time you and the person you recommend to Koodo will each recieve $25 in credits towards paying off your tab. If your tab will take 3 years to pay off your best option is to upgrade to a new phone from Koodo as new tabs you get since the new structure came into place tabs are guaranteed to be paid in full in 2 years. So even if your tab isn't fully paid by the time the 24th month comes your tab gets wiped clean anyways.
Userlevel 1
Marcus Fenix wrote:

[i]Firstly, it would be great if Koodo allowed the kiosks to have 'powers' for dealing with exist...

I have done that & was told I can't get the $25 because I got it once. It shouldn't be so difficult to refer friends.
Userlevel 3
Marcus Fenix wrote:

[i]Firstly, it would be great if Koodo allowed the kiosks to have 'powers' for dealing with exist...

I completely disagree with the statement above. About " how we should give the stores powers". There was a good reason why this was taken away due to store error which created messy bills for clients b eing on the incorrect price plan. I agree with koodo taking this away which leaves less room for error. Also, paying off the koodo tab is impossible unless you cancel your services. Otherwise the tab is not billiable. I guess you can always cancel wait to get billed for the tab and reactivate.....
Userlevel 6
Marcus Fenix wrote:

[i]Firstly, it would be great if Koodo allowed the kiosks to have 'powers' for dealing with exist...

@ Antonietta You can actually refer new customers five times a year. However, you need to follow the proper procedures here in order to claim those points. If Koodo made an exception to the referral procedures once before and manually creditted the Tab, [i]that will not be done a second time.
Marcus Fenix wrote:

[i]Firstly, it would be great if Koodo allowed the kiosks to have 'powers' for dealing with exist...

@ Marcus && Rocky: You guys should drop in at Fairview mall to check how their customer service is. 🙂 Firstly, what I meant by Tab transactions included the ability to do the following: 1. Purchase new phones 2. Make modifications to existing Tabs (i.e. paying off tabs, changing Tab types) Clearly, one of them doesn't happen and that is what I am frustrated about. Secondly, please consider the following scenario: If I happen to be at the mall and notice Koodo's new promotion which is more affordable and better (fingers crossed - hoping for this), it doesn't make sense for the the company's Kiosk representatives to deny this request nor can it be justified. Many people do not use data services and hence do not have access to Self Serve everywhere we go. Also, being Koodo's customers, we expect these basic services. I was made to call customer service from their kiosk because the guys at Fairview didn't help me out. Rogers and other major providers of cellular networks willingly do simple tasks such as 'changing plans' at their booths so why not Koodo? -- @Rocky Balboa, I think your suggestion was very good. "I guess you can always cancel wait to get billed for the tab and reactivate....." I just wish I had done that before I reactivated my plan. I guess I was scared I would lose my old plan which I liked (the 25 dollar plan). Maybe next time, if I stick around for that long... 🙂
Userlevel 1
Marcus Fenix wrote:

[i]Firstly, it would be great if Koodo allowed the kiosks to have 'powers' for dealing with exist...

Thank you for clarifying that for me, but I was told you can only refer once, maybe the person was aware.
Thanks everyone for the input!
Wait, can I leave Koodo if I have a negative Tab? and I mean by paying off and leaving.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
TrueBrush wrote:

Wait, can I leave Koodo if I have a negative Tab? and I mean by paying off and leaving.

Yes you can leave at any time, just pay your tab owing and any outstanding balance of bills up to the date you cancel. To cancel you have to call koodo customer service.

Reply