Koodo Community

Community

Solved

KOODO phone screen cracked & broken, but still under contract: Can I switch phones?

I own a Motorola X Play model I bought through Koodo, that is under contract. However, the phone screen fell on the ground face-down, and now it will not respond. I'm wondering if I can buy a different phone from Koodo, but still within the parameters of my preexisting contract? I can find no information regarding this issue anywhere else I have looked.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
If you plan on getting a new Tab/contract (whatever terminology you like to use, it's almost all the same these days) with Koodo then the old one would have to be paid off first. This can be done in one transaction when you upgrade at a store. An alternative option is to find a local repair shop and get a quote for repairing the screen. Then of course there's always buying an entirely new phone outright, and there's several great mid range options available in the $300 to $450 range, but that's up to you to decide if it's worth it.
Jonathan I wrote:

If you plan on getting a new Tab/contract (whatever terminology you like to use, it's almost all ...

will i be able to switched my phone from android to samsung edge
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

If you plan on getting a new Tab/contract (whatever terminology you like to use, it's almost all ...

Yes.