Koodo Community

Community

Solved

koodo northern quebec chisasibi etc

Moving to northern quebec and I know they have high speed internet as well as cell serv at least through bell . If bell is available there shouldnt koodo be as well? Coverage area maps not providing details thanks anybody!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Cecil, Getting to Northern Quebec it really depends where you will be situated. More urbanized areas do have cell coverage through Koodo. You can take a look at the coverage map here: http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/coverage-maps Basically as long as your area is not white, you will have coverage! From the quick look I took of the Bell coverage map, Koodo has the same coverage Bell has.
It looks like according to that map I will. I am currently with koodo and want to get a new phone before my move so it is easier....I assume I can just change my area code and plan and keep same phone?
Userlevel 7
Cecil Mckay wrote:

It looks like according to that map I will. I am currently with koodo and want to get a new phone...

If you already live within Quebec then yes you will keep everything. If you are moving from another province, you may need to change plans as they have different pricing strategies within different provinces.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Cecil Mckay wrote:

It looks like according to that map I will. I am currently with koodo and want to get a new phone...

Koodo and Bell largely share infrastructure in Quebec so coverage will probably not be better or worse with one or the other. No point in switching providers. However, once you decide to upgrade to a new phone, you will have to settle the old tab and pick a new plan & tab, unless you buy unlocked at full retail and swap the old SIM in. Log in to your self-serve page and shop for phones to see what your options are. I would study my options before committing to a new phone number. If all your incoming calls are currently local to callers that are important, you may just want to keep that number, at the expense of the northern community folks having to pay long distance, because they probably all have plans for that already. If people have to dial long distance and pay, they will stop calling pronto.