Koodo Community

Community

Solved

KOODO NEWS: Our first phablet, the Samsung GALAXY MEGA, is coming!

Userlevel 5
Stay tuned to find out when and how much. http://koo.do/13VT0ra

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I suggested this phone as a cheaper alternative to ppl asking for Koodo to bring the Galaxy Note 2 & now I can't find my idea anywhere, any idea why I can't find it or where it would be?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

I suggested this phone as a cheaper alternative to ppl asking for Koodo to bring the Galaxy Note ...

Paul, you may have to dig. Click tour name and then change the drop down to topics you created.

I suggested this phone as a cheaper alternative to ppl asking for Koodo to bring the Galaxy Note ...

Is it waterproof?

Not impressed with Samsung software
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Tried that Chad but it's not there it must have been archived I guess. @Soely No its not waterproof. It has all the same features as the Galaxy S4 though which is a huge +
lineup refresh
which version of the Mega? 8 gig? 16 gig? LTE? 5.8" or 6.3"Dual Sim?
Userlevel 6
Christopher Stachniuk wrote:

There's a link just above the picture in OP's post: http://koo.do/13VT0ra And when we click that link...... what do we have...... (drum roll): Network/Bearer and Wireless Connectivity VOICE & DATA , HSPA-PLUS support EDGE / GPRS (850 / 900 / 1.800 / 1.900 MHZ) support HSDPA 21 Mps HSUPA 5,76 Mbps (850 / 900 / 1.900 / 2.100 MHZ) support 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2,4 + 5 GHz dualband available Wi-Fi Direct available BT 4.0 LE NFC available (UICC, eSE) DLNA, MHL 1.0, HDMI 2 support KIES, KIES Air support Display Super Clear LCD 6,3" Size HD 1.280 x 720 Resolution Memory 16 GB Memory
Badge +4

Ugh, we're still using Kies? No microSD card slot, looks like it doesn't have a removable battery either, might be an ok device for some, but I think I'll pass on this Samsung offering.
Userlevel 2

No microSD slot is certainly a killer imo. I guess that might be the point though, kinda forces people to look at a higher priced device...
Userlevel 6

Hey guys, it does have a microSD slot... click on the "Tech Specs" tab, and under "Connectors", microSD is listed. I'll pass anyway, but at least it [i]does appear to support microSD! The thing that still surprises me the most with this phablet though is that even at 6.3in and only 720p, the PPI is still better than the S2X (233 vs 207 PPI). I thought it would look like crap (and it will), but it might still be bearable! 233PPI is what you get with any WVGA (480x800) phone at 4in. The other Mega model only manages 189 PPI (540x960 @ 5.8in).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Why don't Y'alll wait till or shows up on the shelf it might amaze you. I mean this is tantamount to saying Ben Aflek is a terrible Batman before he plays Batman.
Userlevel 6

You're right Chad! I want to have some time with it! 😛 The only thing I can't bring myself to do with it though is place a call.... I'd feel like talking to a concrete slab attached to the side of my head 😛 Oh and Chad..... Ben Affleck [i]IS terrible 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Get a Blue tooth headset and stop holding the phone to your head.
Userlevel 6

Come on Chad 😛 I hate these bluetooth headsets, hehehe... but you do have a point! It would work!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It would have a removable battery & SD Card just like every one of Samsung's phones as they all now carry a uniform design language. The display is pretty much exactly the same as the Galaxy Note 2 which has a really nice display for it being only a 720p display. It's a device for ppl that want a tablet and a phone but only want to carry one device or can only afford a single device. If your like me and don't make too many calls because you text everybody or your a big guy like me then it's really a great advantage to have a phablet device like this or the Note series as its much better than smaller devices for media consumption & the best size devices for gaming. Gaming on a 5 - 7" device is the ultimate as you get the large display that your fingers don't cover a large portion of while gaming and you get the great control & grip of a smaller device than a 10.1" device which is too large to use for accelerometer controls in say racing games.
Userlevel 6

Paul, the Mega's screen is TFT LCD only... While it's a nice TFT LCD, it doesn't have the blacks that AMOLED has 😛
Userlevel 2
Phablet <-- seriously, who comes up with these ridiculous names???
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris wrote:

http://bit.ly/16GRokY
Userlevel 2
Chris wrote:

Funny how wikipedia says it came "into common usage" in 2008. LOL..yeah right. 😉
Userlevel 2
Chris wrote:

Wondering now when the phaptops are coming...
Chris wrote:

And those will specifically say "For personal use only".
Userlevel 6
Chris wrote:

Faptops, lol!!! 😃 Personal use indeed, and forget buying off kijiji!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris wrote:

Ya it would have came into common use as a word in 2010 not 2008 as that's when the original phablet was released which was the original Galaxy Note, it started the phablet revolution.
Chris wrote:

Actually the first was the Dell Streak which was a great phone but didnt get the marketing attention it should have.