Solved

KOODO NEWS: Google Nexus 5 is coming!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On behalf of half the community, LOL!

85 replies

Userlevel 5
Google Nexus 5 is coming to Koodo! Check out the first smartphone to run on Android™️ 4.4, KitKat®️!

Is this phone going to be locked to koodo?
Userlevel 3
Jake Thielen wrote:

Don't see why it would, The Nexus line is always unlocked
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jake Thielen wrote:

I'm sure it won't be, Nexus 4 is unlocked too
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jake Thielen wrote:

No Nexus phones are locked to carriers, they're all unlocked but only available to Koodo customers from koodo
Userlevel 2
Jake Thielen wrote:

The Nexus line is straight from Google, factory unlocked from the start.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yay the PlayStore is already sold out so good to hear I guess :-| Is Koodo going to have the black model or white model or both and the 16gb or 32gb model???? Can we have more info at all or do we have to wait till the 8th?
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Yay the PlayStore is already sold out so good to hear I guess :-| Is Koodo going to have the ...

It shows out of stock on the product pages, but when you refresh, every few times it shows that it can ship November 8th.
Userlevel 2

Yay the PlayStore is already sold out so good to hear I guess :-| Is Koodo going to have the ...

Only black 16gb model

...why not white?? Koodo carry iPhone in both colors all the time but not with Android. I don't understand.
Userlevel 2

It could be any number of reasons. Besides, it's just a colour. You can always purchase a case.
When will it be available?
i cant wait for this moster!!!
Is this news actually confirmed from Koodo? Or is it an assumption/rumor?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Steven wrote:

Is this news actually confirmed from Koodo? Or is it an assumption/rumor?

It's posted by Sumaya, who is a Koodo representative, Steven 🙂
Userlevel 6
I *may* actually drop my BYOD discount for this one! (If you carry the 32GB, that is)
Userlevel 3
Anyone know if this is a regular, micro, or nano SIM? I didn't see that in the spec but I probably just missed it.
Userlevel 3
Moonmack wrote:

Anyone know if this is a regular, micro, or nano SIM? I didn't see that in the spec but I probab...

Only micro and nano sims are specifically for iphones. I would assume regular sim card.
Moonmack wrote:

Anyone know if this is a regular, micro, or nano SIM? I didn't see that in the spec but I probab...

Micro SIM. https://plus.google.com/+KevinTofel/posts
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Moonmack wrote:

& there are also Android devices that take the Nano SIM including the Motorola Moto X so they're not iPhone specific at all.
Moonmack wrote:

I takes a micro SIM. https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/3473178?hl=en
I wonder what the price will be. Early rumours have the other carriers selling it off contract for $500 for the 16 gig version which is $150 more than the google play store.
Userlevel 1
Bob Smith wrote:

I wonder what the price will be. Early rumours have the other carriers selling it off contract f...

The rumor I've been hearing is the big carriers will only carry the 16Gb black version for $500. Buy from Google as its cheaper even with shipping costs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bob Smith wrote:

I wonder what the price will be. Early rumours have the other carriers selling it off contract f...

With shipping cost and taxes the 16gb model cost me $411. The 32gb comes to $461.36. Be prepared to wait 3-4 weeks at minimum if you haven't ordered yet
Userlevel 1
Bob Smith wrote:

I've been clicking refresh for the past hour, no luck so far. If I don't get it, I can wait. It's only a phone anyway. 😉