Koodo Community

Koodo NEEDS to start selling the Moto G Accessories

• 27 November 2013
  • 25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As Koodo & Telus are the only 2 carriers offering the Moto G it would be greatly appreciated by everyone puchasing the Moto G Koodo were to start selling the replacement backplates (shells) in various colors as well as the grip cases and flip cases also in various colors. I've been searching everywhere and none of these MotoG accessories are available from anywhere in North America. As the back that comes with the Moto G is terrible for fingerprints due to being matte black & no cases being offered anywhere I guarantee Koodo would sell at least one replacement backplate (probably multiple) and or a grip case to even single person who buys a Moto G which will add up to Koodo probably making more off accessories than off the phone it's self. So really it's no brainer as you'll have extremely happy customers & Koodo makes more cash. If nothing else get the turquoise back plate or flip case PLEASE 😉

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How many accessories do they already sell at kiosks? I really doubt that they'll offer these. Not against the idea, but I don't see it happening.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How many accessories do they already sell at kiosks? I really doubt that they'll offer these. ...I'm saying specifically for the Moto G which all they carry is the Otterbox which is overkill for a $200 as its $45 which is high as heck for the price of the phone. Also since Koodo and telus are the only ones offering the Moto G I find it wrong if them to not carry the accessories for the phone that only they carry. It's wrong of Motorola to not even offer them via their website in Canada either and is a huge pet peeve of mine that companies don't offer accessories at the time of the phones release.
How many accessories do they already sell at kiosks? I really doubt that they'll offer these. ...Yikes! $45?!? Try online retailers. That's what I do. I know my lowly Galaxy Ace doesn't compare, but I got a magnet clasp case and the screen protectors off of ebay really cheap and paid no shipping! You could try there, just a suggestion! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If they sold these I would have already bought a red backplate and I rarely buy accessories. Going colorful is the current trend... Just look at everyone's shoes.
the Koodo booth in Burlington Mall sold me an otter box (colored) case for the Moto g ($45). almost 1/4 of the retail pricing of the phone. lol.
the Koodo booth in Burlington Mall sold me an otter box (colored) case for the Moto g ($45). almo...Those cases are worth the money though, your phone will be VERY well protected
Userlevel 7
the Koodo booth in Burlington Mall sold me an otter box (colored) case for the Moto g ($45). almo...And the Moto G is a pretty solid phone on its own to begin with
Userlevel 2
Ebay? Amazon?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ebay? Amazon?I checked those obviously and they arnt available and most ppl don't want to wait for shipping.
Userlevel 2
Ebay? Amazon?When I see your idea from that point. You are right. Some basic accessories would be cool!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ebay? Amazon?Exactly, I mean Motorola US website just put them up for pre order an hour or so ago and the phone isn't even available to purchase there yet. Someone needs to offer these in Canada considering the phone as been available here for a week now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ebay? Amazon?Yeah, but this isn't a phone people really care about (yet).
Userlevel 5
Ebay? Amazon?My local Telus store had Otterboxes and skins (didn't check Koodo cause I know they don't carry the Moto backs), but since I really just want a Motorola back myself so it would be nice for some carrier to offer them at least.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I feel like if Koodo started carrying all kind of accessories it might raise the prices of other things since all of the sudden they'd have extra overhead
Userlevel 5
I feel like if Koodo started carrying all kind of accessories it might raise the prices of other ...They don't have to get every colour though, even if they just got 2 or 3 other colour choices (say Pink, Blue, Red or something) then they aren't getting too many but options are still available.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I feel like if Koodo started carrying all kind of accessories it might raise the prices of other ...I'm not saying they should carry accessories for every phone they carry since others carry all the other phones they have but since Koodo and Telus are the only ones carrying the Moto G then if they don't carry accessories then you won't be able to get them anywhere at time of purchase. If you carry a phone that no other carrier carries then you really should carry the accessories for that phone.
I feel like if Koodo started carrying all kind of accessories it might raise the prices of other ...ebay! I get most of my accessories from there and depending on the retailer, you can get what you're looking for for cheap with no shipping!
They carry the flip covers in black and blue but I find it completely assinine that they don't offer the various colours. This phone could be very popular if they did. For now it will remain under rated and completely invisible to the ignorant masses. Total fail from a Canadian carrier IMHO.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They carry the flip covers in black and blue but I find it completely assinine that they don't of...I disagree. I seriously doubt that the popularity of this phone will be limited by what accessories Koodo provides for it, but rather that it's only available via Koodo/Telus.
They carry the flip covers in black and blue but I find it completely assinine that they don't of...I don't disagree, but that is just the way things work in the Canadian market. Always limited to carrier exclusives, etc. The thing is with this phone being so cheap anyone can just buy it and have in unlocked, which does make it a little different. I have recommended it to several friends who have done just that. The bigger issue here I think is Motorola!!! Even their Canadian site has all the coloured cases listed as a feature, but at the same time they are not available to us in any way!!! They will not ship them to a Canadian address as far as I can tell. They are on the US website, but it will not accept a Canadian shipping address! Now Telus and Koodo tell us they are only carrying 2 or 3 colours and only flip shells... Epic Fail all around, and just another example of the Canadian Market getting screwed!
https://ca.mobilefun.com/ and http://www.expansys.ca/ both have MOST of the official covers available. You do have to pay for the extra shipping though. I really want the turquoise one...

Looking for the Motorola Moto G Grip Case in Canada...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Looking for the Motorola Moto G Grip Case in Canada...Good luck man I looked everywhere because that's the case I wanted also and can't find them anywhere.
Looking for the Motorola Moto G Grip Case in Canada...ebay! Very good chance you can find it there!
Just got my Lime Green Shell from "mobilefun" today. Was only about $23 shipped, and got it in a week and a half. Loving the shell. I originally bought the flip shell, but it was too thick in the pocket.