Koodo Community
Question

Koodo lied about getting 10% off my unlocked phone's plan. They have added it my useless tab instead. How can I resolve this?

• 10 November 2014
  • 10 replies

So I brought in my unlocked nexus 5 to Koodo because they said I would get 10% off my plan. I asked the guys at the kiosk how it would work and where to set it up but they assured me that it would automatically be set. So as my bills came in, I noticed that I was getting credits towards a tab account, I figured that was what they were talking about since it was positive and 10% of my bill. Then once I try to use my 10% off deal, they pull a 180, say there is no 10% off deal, that I never had one, and I can only get money off my next phone purchased at Koodo. Seriously I didn't even BUY my phone at Koodo, it is an unlocked nexus 5, that was the entire point. I really cant believe that the guy at the kiosk swindled me this hard, but I suppose it was my fault for trusting him. Anyways, my actual question is simple, am I just screwed? Is there any way to fix my tab / unlocked phone promo or did they get me for good?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Whomever told you that has special needs unless you're on prepaid. You're going to need to call in and explain this calmly to a Rep and they will Fix it for you
Yeah I figured as much, the problem is 70$ in damage has already been done and I don't have a lot of faith as Koodo is not necessarily known for their customer service. But I will see what they say.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yeah I figured as much, the problem is 70$ in damage has already been done and I don't have a lot...Yeah, those JD Power and associates awards three years in a row for Customer Satisfaction mean koodo customer service must stink.
Userlevel 5
I think it was just an error on rep's part....if you call in they could fix it for you, they might even back date it for you and fix it for good (take away your tab and give you the lost 10% discounts)
Userlevel 5
Woah! The rep probably clicked the wrong button because he/she was being a clown. Normally the rep clicks the "no tab" option to give the discount. He probably forgot to do that. *611 can most definitely fix that! Du is 100% correct that they can even back date it to give you those credits back!
Hey ceklint, do you remember where you activated? Was it at a Koodo Kiosk or a 3rd party retailer like Best Buy Mobile?
It was at a Koodo kiosk during last Christmas.
Userlevel 3
I'll just echo what most have said. I was told by Koodo to call *611 to get my 10% discount set up. I gave them a call and had it set up in a few minutes.
Ok so for an update, I gave them a call, and after around 30 minutes of back and fourth, they agreed to honour the original 10% off plan for the months I was not given. (And remove my tab) Which is really all I wanted, the same deal I was told (and should have) been getting all along in the first place.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ok so for an update, I gave them a call, and after around 30 minutes of back and fourth, they agr...But that is great news 😃 Three cheers for Koodo for doing so 😃