Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo LG G3 GPS not functionning using Google maps, Bluetooth not synching with Ford Sync and Wi-Fi not always comming on.

I have Android 5.0.1 on my phone and if I use Google maps the GPS will not activate, and the same with The weather network. But if I turn on my sports tracker program, it wakes up the GPS and then The weather network works as it should but google maps still doesn't. I have done a reset on my phone and it seems to work for a bit then no more. I have removed and reinstalled those apps and same result.
The Bluetooth, I have to turn it off and then on so Ford Sync sees it and connects to it, without that, no go. Wi-Fi is basically the same.
Not very impressed so far with this other LG phone. Previously I had a Nexus 4 phone, which was made by LG and it would reboot on it's on and other issues. Hopefully next time I will pay the extra dollars and go with a Samsung phone, much more reliable, I had a couple of those before.
I suspect that an upgrade to android may solve my issues, but it seems that I have to wait for Marshmallow before any home of fixes, can you assist.
I know I have many issues but I tried to resolve them myself being a server analyst, that is what I do.
Andre

8 replies

Userlevel 7
The LG G3 is an android. This may not be the most suitable option for you but have you considered doing a factory reset?
Ahmad wrote:

The LG G3 is an android. This may not be the most suitable option for you but have you consid...

As I mentioned I have done a reset on this phone already, it work for a few minutes then back to not working.
Userlevel 5
Ahmad wrote:

The LG G3 is an android. This may not be the most suitable option for you but have you consid...

Hey Andre!

Have you tried Chad's suggestion on this link: http://koo.do/1irzpZE ? Clearing the cache in Maps should fix the problem.

Let us know if you still need help!
Userlevel 5
Ahmad wrote:

Also you can check to see if there is an update to your SYNC. you can go to http://www.syncmyride.ca to check and download an update for it if there is
Ahmad wrote:

I will check My Sync, but this is a brand new ford escape which should have been brought up to date prior to me picking it up, but worst have happened ! As far as clearing the cache in maps, same crap ! My wife's Samsung Note connects all the time with android 4.4.2, either it's phone related or android version, but so far I think I have learned a valuable expensive lesson stay with Samsung, no more LG, third LG different model with issues ! 2 Years is long with a bad phone !
Ahmad wrote:

There was an update to Ford Sync, but no difference I still have to turn Bluetooth off and on for it to sync with my ford. This is very frustrating.
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Honestly I think that's a pretty minor inconvenience. I know its not fast enough but at least you know it works. It's probably just a quirk with the LG software. As for GPS, go to location settings and make sure its on high and not battery saving? That's the only thing I can think of. I've never been an LG fan persay except for the G2 when that came out. Their Android interface is a bit immature and the updates are pretty slow.
Ahmad wrote:

Thank you Jonathan. Yes location settings are set to high accuracy gps and networks. I sincerely hope that it's just an android issue, but meanwhile I will send my phone back for repairs so they can confirm.