Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo is bit expensive

I got a new Koodo line with a S3 n choose a $29 plan monthly with $5 extra tax n that become $34 a month. N today I got a message that my e-bill has come n it's $65.99. I am not using any mobile data n made only few call in canada. So how come Koodo charge me like this.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
The $5 is not tax. That can totally be avoided if you paid for the phone up front. Also, if this is your first bill you will have proration as all cell phone companies charge a month in advance. From the sounds of you may also have some charges for more minute use or something else. Next month should the standard $34 if you don't go over.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Download your ebill to find out what you are being charged for. If this is yoru first bill, this link may help explain the partial charges http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/charges-explained/charges-on-your-first-bill
Userlevel 7
As Chris said there may have been proration and maybe overage charges on your bill, so if you want to get it explained a bit better you can call customer service at *611 from your Koodo phone, it's a free call. Just press 0 a few times to speak with a representative. Or if you have access to your self serve account you can view your bill and see what made it more expensive, like what Dennis said. Hope that helps 🙂