Koodo Community
Question

Koodo email address? I am getting service texts at 2:30 am MST and need this to STOP!

• 22 April 2019
  • 6 replies

Need Koodo email address? I am getting service texts from Koodo at 2:30 am MST and need this to STOP!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Patty L What exactly did you get? And was it last night? You ebill ready notification is the only one I see, but that was about 2 weeks ago.
We do not have email. Very inefficient medium and like lots of other companies we decided to provide better alternatives for contact.
Thanks for help and letting me know that Koodo has NO email contact. Problem fixed now. Called them (611) and they adjusted my auto texts to come in at a different time of day. (But yes, it was at 2:38 am this morning Apr. 22, on my prepaid account. It comes every month and says my account will renew in a few days. And then when it renews I also get the texts at 2:38 am to say it has renewed...)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but I don't think your problem is sorted, Patty. I receive these message in the middle of the night too and there isn't a thing Koodo can/will do about it. I really hope your problem got sorted but don't count on it...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could use the 'Do Not Disturb' function on your phone to mute sounds from incoming messages and calls during your quiet hours. Most allow you to set VIP numbers who still get through, such as family, etc.

You could also try creating a contact with the number from which these texts come, and set a silent notification tone.
Sophia: ugh, I’ll hope for the best.

David AKU: It’s actually not that simple as I’m on call and am contacted by work via email to text, which then goes through a forwarder from one phone to another, so no one really knows what the number is that work calls from. Maybe I can just put a silence on ‘611’, which is the only number I can see Koodo dailing from as my phone needs to be on at all times. By the way, putting emergency bypass on numbers eats your battery like crazy, or so it seems, although I can’t prove it.
Thanks everyone for advice!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia: ugh, I’ll hope for the best.

David AKU: It’s actually not that simple as I’m on call and am contacted by work via email to text, which then goes through a forwarder from one phone to another, so no one really knows what the number is that work calls from. Maybe I can just put a silence on ‘611’, which is the only number I can see Koodo dailing from as my phone needs to be on at all times. By the way, putting emergency bypass on numbers eats your battery like crazy, or so it seems, although I can’t prove it.
Thanks everyone for advice!

When you receive the text, what number does it come from? It shouldn't be from 611. My ebill notification comes from 400-500-0205.

David has the right idea. Save the number of the text and set a silent ringtone