Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo does NOT have 4G??

I have an HTC One M8 (on prepaid if it matters). I have seen screenshots of other phones where it says 4GLTE on the notification bar, but so far I have only seen 3G and H. I decided on Koodo partially because I assumed 4GLTE was available in Montreal, was I wrong???

16 replies

Userlevel 7
It depends on your location but for the most part Montreal is covered. Did you check the coverage map for your area?
Chad Burr wrote:

It depends on your location but for the most part Montreal is covered. Did you check the cover...

I checked the coverage map and I am supposed to have 4GLTE (it's pink)
Userlevel 7
One thing to add though prepaid doesn't support LTE last I checked. If you're using a phone like that it locks the LTE radio in the phone so it doesn't work when you use prepaid.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Gunn wrote:

One thing to add though prepaid doesn't support LTE last I checked. If you're using a phone like ...

Actually Daniel, prepaid does do LTE
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

One thing to add though prepaid doesn't support LTE last I checked. If you're using a phone like ...

Oh okay, there have been people who have gotten phones that are supposed to support LTE and it doesn't work on prepaid, but I guess they are using it now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Confirmed, when I'm in an LTE area I sure have LTE speed and signal 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Yes. Sophia was our guinea pig
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Gunn wrote:

hahaha 😛 i was half minute slow on that one Sophia
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Oh haha sweet, guess you learn something new everyday 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Daniel Gunn wrote:

LOL!
Also, the screenshots I've seen with 4GLTE on the notification bar haven't been koodo, but I would assume that if I'm connected on 4GLTE with koodo, that it would be the same
Userlevel 5
Koodo has LTE for sure. Where did you get your m8 from? If it's an international model it may not support LTE in North America.
Userlevel 7
I'll be down by orange Julius in a few minutes. I should have lte there. I'll post screen shots
Userlevel 7
Yeah if it's an international model, those typically have less (or sometimes even no) LTE bands. However, do us a favor and check something: Settings, Mobile Data, and then Mobile Networks. Make sure it says GSM/WCDMA/LTE or GSM/HSPA/LTE.
Userlevel 7
I'm Here Montreal, H4P CAN lat: 45.4851872194558 long: -73.6730624735355 http://j.mp/1up7LhF

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I get LTE every day on Koodo with my HTC ONE M8. Make sure that LTE is turned on in your network settings like Johnathan said and if it is then your not in a LTE coverage area.