Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo customer service

I can't believe Koodo is being so difficult with me. 
My nexus 5 power button is not working properly, the phone keeps rebooting. I talked with Google, LG, and Best Buy they all confirmed the the power button was the faulty and it is a manufacturers error. Since the phone will not stay on I was not able to wait the 20+ minutes to talk to someone from koodo. So I sent a email explaining the issue and that my phone needs repaired/replace its under warranty. They came back saying because "I" broke the phone its not under warranty and I will have to go somewhere and get it fixed at my expense.

Now this really bothers me as I am extremely careful with my phone. I don't have kids messing around with it, I am adult who take care of my things. Also there is no offical Koodo store near me so I can't just go in and yell at a rep in person I try to email them to get information on how to return the phone and cancel my account.

Koodo. You are suppose to be the Choose Happy company, Never have been so upset at a company before.

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How would they know it was your fault without inspecting it?

And if Google and LG says it's their fault, just skip Koodo and complete the warranty process through them
They didn't give an option to inspect. Just said it was my fault. Google and lg said I would have to pay unless I with through koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aaron wrote:

They didn't give an option to inspect. Just said it was my fault. Google and lg said I would have...

That you would have to pay for the repair?
Aaron wrote:

They didn't give an option to inspect. Just said it was my fault. Google and lg said I would have...

Correct
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aaron wrote:

That sounds like it is not covered under warranty if google wants you to pay for the repair.  When did you get the phone?
Aaron wrote:

Phones less then a year old. LG and Best buy had confirmed it would be under warranty but had to go through koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aaron wrote:

Bring it to a Koodo kiosk to send it out for warranty .  If you have documentation from Bestbuy, Google, or LG that backs up your claim then bring that with you as proof
Aaron wrote:

I'd have to drive 200km to get to one. There should be a way to mail it
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aaron wrote:

Give Koodo a call.  It might be more effective that emailing.  I recommend calling from a friend's phone or a land line.

Dial 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636).Hours of operation (local time):
  • Monday − Friday: 9am - 9pm
  • Saturday: 9am - 7pm
  • Sunday: 9am - 7pm
Userlevel 5
Aaron wrote:

Here is the Link to Koodo Warranty Repair;
http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/what-is-your-warranty-and...

These paragraghs will be of interest to you;

[i]If you can’t make it to a Koodo Shop (because your far away from one), call us at *611 from your Koodo phone or toll free at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) and request a Return Mailer.

[i]Return Mailer[i] - We will send you a pre-paid Return mailer so that you can send us back your phone. Upon return and inspection of your phone we will send you a replacement device, provided the warranty has not been voided.
Aaron wrote:

Something they should have just said they were sending that in their 1st email back to me. Instead they lost a loyal customer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aaron wrote:

Sorry to see you go. Good luck.
Userlevel 5
Aaron wrote:

You know something Aaron that's the nature of warantee. Always has been, always will be. They don't make money, fixing their problems, after you already made the purchase. I can see your totally "pissed" who wouldn't be? Regardless, your travelling the slow route, on road Warantee, because you got physical damage. If this was a phone that does weird sshut and doesn't even turn off, it would be a "lickidy split" three day, software re-instal turn around. That's called luck of the draw. At some point you and Koodo will connect and the phone, will go out and more likely than not, it will be repaired and you'll be happy as fluck to get it back and realize that KOODO did, what KOODO does. In the mean time smoke some Trudeau legal, toss back a frosty pop or two and reeeeelax.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aaron wrote:

Aaron, my sincerest apologies for the trouble! Dennis is correct, without a visual inspection it would be difficult to state with surety that physical damaged caused the failure of the power button. I will follow up with the team and provide some of your feedback specifically so we can all learn from this not so great experience.

I do see that you followed up on some of the folks' suggestion above and you called us. Did you end up taking advantage of the return mailer that was offered? 
Aaron wrote:

right pissed off cant get a hold of anybody to get help this is bullshit
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aaron wrote:

What pisses you of Harry?
Aaron wrote:

need help and it says they are closed how can it be closed this is bullshit cant handle having a stupid 249 area code don't get calls from people around the corner it says long distance and its not this service really sucks cups with strings might work better then the service I have with this company  just pissed right off cant tell me there is no 705 area codes I know different some one else just had a phone hooked up and get a 705 area code so if I cant get a 705 area code I am gonna go else where where I will get a 705 area code really pissed off about this service
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aaron wrote:

We are closed on the phones, like every other company Harry. But as yo can see yo might find some help here. What name is your account under?
Userlevel 2
Aaron wrote:

Just going to mention here as well that if you go into koodo and sign in to self serve and go "Change phone number" below and select province and city that you want. If you're not sure what town or rate centre to select  then enter a local  number here such as a neighbour  or  known local business (just area code and first three digits of the number eg. 705-555) to get the name of the rate centre and use that to find a local number from Koodo. There's  one place that has only 249 numbers which is Mindemoya (which starts with 249-777-XXXX) all other options seem to allow selecting area code 705. What often happens is that the incumbent (which is not Telus/Koodo) will hog up all the prefixes, cry wolf that numbers (which is actually a bunch of empty prefixes) are running out, and stick the overlay area code on the newcomer while they get to keep doling out the old area code.