Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo charging me for the phone plan BEFORE it became active?! (Quebec)

Hi. So basically I've changed phone plans a few weeks ago via Facebook request, since I was under the old tab system and the Self-Serve system on koodo wouldn't let me change it by myself. I changed from an old phone plan (34$ 1gb qc unlimited) to a 6gb one. (Yes, I live in Qc) However, upon confirmation of the changes, the services were only effective in the following month, which was fine. What ISN'T okay is how koodo has BILLED me in my last billing cycle as if I had that plan for the entire MONTH, despite the new phone plan only being effective in the FOLLOWING billing cycle. So I'm wondering what I can do from here? Is there a way to fix this? So un-cool.

7 replies

Here are the screenshots as proof. Note how the first image, they charge me the 51$ for the entire month, Sept 29th- Oct 28th, rather than make an adjustment, which is usually what happens. VS what is on the second image, which says that my services are only EFFECTIVE on the 29th of October, which corresponds to the new billing cycle. What I want to know is why I've been charged the previous billing cycle for this plan while I was unable to use the services until the next billing cycle. The confirmation e-mail says that my next bill will include my previous plan along with any additional service I might have been able to benefit from, from the moment I've changed plans to the next billing cycle (which is what the adjustment is usually about); HOWEVER, since the service changes were only effective on the 29th of October, which is the billing cycle for NOVEMBER, why are they charging me as if I've had the plan for the whole month of OCTOBER?????

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Andy - looking at your account I see that your rate plan request was submitted on Oct. 21 and took effect at the start of your next billing cycle (Oct. 29)

Your last invoice before the change (dated Sept. 28), accounted for your previously plan (~$34 plus taxes). This was for the period of Sept. 29 - Oct. 28 and we received the amount owing on Oct. 14.

Your latest bill (dated Oct. 28), is for your first full month under the new plan ($51 + taxes from Oct. 29 - Nov. 28).

Not sure why it's giving you the wrong billing period beside the amount owing in your screen shot - I'll flag this with our team - but everything appears to be correct on your account. If you get time, try logging into self-serve from a desktop to see if it shows the same thing.
Ranjan wrote:

Hi Andy - looking at your account I see that your rate plan request was submitted on Oct. 21 and ...

Hi Ranjan, Thank you so much for your reply! So from what I understand, all the billing in Koodo is proactively paid, meaning that I am charged a month ahead for the next billing cycle? Or would this only apply for the first month under a new plan? Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan wrote:

Hi Andy - looking at your account I see that your rate plan request was submitted on Oct. 21 and ...

You're always charged for a month in advance, as with any carrier. So for example, you're charged for this current period on the bill issued Oct. 28, but any overages you incur in-month will show on your next bill. 
Ranjan wrote:

Hi Ranjan, 
Thanks again for your reply, I understand now. Upon taking your suggestion to look at the bill on desktop, it seems that the bill was also generated and seems as if I am paying retroactively. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan wrote:

That is odd. Again, I will look into this with the team.
Is your current balance owing correct? And if you download a PDF of your latest bill, do the details show correctly? (focus on pages 2-3)
Ranjan wrote:

Yep! I was just about to edit that into my response! Upon downloading the electronic pdf of my bill, there is the correctly displayed dates:

So I really think it's a typo in the coding to display the information. Thank you so much once again for answering my question! Confusion clarified :)