Koodo Community
Solved

Koodo champion of poor customer services & loss of services

• 11 April 2019
  • 8 replies

Took me 15 mins to find a phone number to get help, then I call, and its still closed at 8h55 AM....are you kidding me.
Before that, I wasted 5 mins trying to get answer using their Koodo assist, an automatic service that waste more time than answers questions.

Main issue: My phone on prepaid plan, my account set up on automatic renewal has been experiencing "base plan expired" now 2 times in last 3 days...which mean it does not work.

if that does improve, am taking all 3 phones off koodo !
icon

Best answer by BobTheElectrician 11 April 2019, 15:22

There are numerous posts here about the recent "baseplan expired" glitch. If everyone spent 2 minutes doing a search before going into rant mode, this board would be much more useful in future.

And yes, you have to call in to get it fixed, but it's quickly done afterwards.
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't believe that Koodo is open before 9am so why would you be upset that calling before 9 didn't work?

So it's telling you that after it did renew and it's not working when you try to send a text or place a call?
AS I said, Koodo customer service is not the best, most people start working before 9 am. Anyway, am talking to someone now...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ok but if they don't open until 9, why would you bother trying? They also close at 9pm so pretty much everyone is still able to call if needed. There's also sending a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter or getting help here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There are numerous posts here about the recent "baseplan expired" glitch. If everyone spent 2 minutes doing a search before going into rant mode, this board would be much more useful in future.

And yes, you have to call in to get it fixed, but it's quickly done afterwards.
Thanks for trying to help, but it could only be fixed by talking to customer services, and it was difficult to get it, end of story. Now that I talked to someone my phone is working, but I could not get help and get it to work before 9 am, which is not that useful, am sure you understand.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks for trying to help, but it could only be fixed by talking to customer services, and it was difficult to get it, end of story. Now that I talked to someone my phone is working, but I could not get help and get it to work before 9 am, which is not that useful, am sure you understand.

Prepaid isn't the best choice if you want to conduct business with it or get help quickly.

None of the carriers would promise you a phone would be working at certain time in the case you have problem. If you are willing to pay more at the Tier 1 carriers (Telus/Rogers/Bell) with postpaid (not prepaid), you might get service quicker.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you are willing to pay more at the Tier 1 carriers (Telus/Rogers/Bell) with postpaid (not prepaid), you might get service quicker.

And Business accounts with the top tier carriers receive priority action.
Hi everyone,

Its been a month since I had issues with my Koodo phone. I wanted to touch base, and give credit to the person that pick up the phone at Koodo, they fix the issue and made it up to me. Thanks koodo to fixing up the issue once in for all 🙂