Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo canceled my wife's account

4 days ago my wife's telephone stop receiving and making calls. It said just emergency calls. We tried everything, turn off the phone, turn on again, take out the SIM card,take out the micro SD card, etc,,and nothing worked, it said Selected network (Koodo) unavailable.We thought the SIM card was dead. But today my wife's friend try to communicate sending her a message and somebody else answer back, using my wife's number,,,,, even more, the same person called my wife's friend and on her phone my wife's number was the one who was calling , I mean, my wife was right next to her when HER number was ringing. It was another person with the same number. They told them that was a mistake. I call my wife's number and somebody answered and he told me that they bought that telephone recently and Koodo gave them that number. A few minutes ago I called KOODO customer service and they told me that my wife's account was CANCELED because we changed the provider,????!!!!????,,, how we could changed the provider if we have a TWO YEAR CONTRACT with Koodo and it has not finished yet!!!!!,, they told me that on August 13th. they cancelled the account,,,but WE NEVER CHANGED THE PROVIDER BECAUSE TO DO THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY THE REST OF THE MONEY TO COMPLETE THE TWO YEARS CONTRACT,,,and guest what???,,we have not paid anything....they told me that I was the one who changed the provider therefore I was the guilty one...?!?! Can somebody explain us what happening here,,, Is Koodo let it go clients just for fun????..

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Someone will be looking into this.

It sounds like your numbers have been ported out to a different provider. Someone must have mistakenly ported out your numbers. I didn't think that something like this was possible due to the porting requirements (proof of account ownership + account PIN).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

It sounds like your numbers have been ported out to a differe...

Even weirder is that "he told me that they bought that telephone recently and Koodo gave them that number."

So it wasn't really ported out
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

It sounds like your numbers have been ported out to a differe...

We may never know exactly how this played out, but I'm happy it's been resolved (see Melissa's response below).
Userlevel 6
Hey Cristian! I see that you were able to get in touch with us over the phone and that this has been resolved since. Seems like someone made a mistake while porting their own number out to another carrier, which resulted in your wife's number being ported out instead. We appreciate your patience in getting this resolved!