Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo and add on on products like the Gear S

Recently got the Note 4 and love it, I would like to add to the experience by adding the Samsung Gear S watch. Will Koodo be providing this and similar type product in the new future? If so how will Koodo bill for the services of the gear S. Thanks Randy

5 replies

Userlevel 6
It was one of the winning ideas they selected when they ran this contest: http://fanpage.koodomobile.com/ideas/ideas.php
Bought a Gear S today at Best Buy. They sold me a Koodo Sim Card and told me that Koodo would activate it. I brought the watch home, inserted the sim, contacted Koodo and was then informed, to bad, so sad, we don't support tablets or smart watches. It will cost me 20 bucks in gas to take a 5 dollar sim back. Watch will work BT as long as your phone is nearby but, if that is not what you want, my suggestion is either don't bother with the Gear S or, check and see if other carriers will support it. The watch one step lower than the Gear S is probably the better buy. You get the BT plus you get a camera that isn't it the S model.
Userlevel 7
Kondor wrote:

Bought a Gear S today at Best Buy. They sold me a Koodo Sim Card and told me that Koodo would act...

The first model has a camera and the ones after that (2 models) don't. That's no secret. Regardless though, the newest one is the best one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kondor wrote:

Bought a Gear S today at Best Buy. They sold me a Koodo Sim Card and told me that Koodo would act...

You could get a Tablet SIM from Koodo's parent, Telus.
Kondor wrote:

Actually, the Gear S requires a nano-sim. ( Best Buy sold me the wrong one ) A Tablet requires or uses a micro-sim. The watch will not take the micro. ( Unless you do what I had to and very carefully trim the excess plastic from around the actual chip.) I don't think getting a sim from Telus would help if your main phone is Koodo and they won't activate a tablet anyway. It isn't a problem with the sim itself not working, the sim checks fine. They told me they will not activate either the Gear or a tablet.