Koodo Community

Community

Question

Known issue with LG G3 boot looping problem - with $60 left on tab

I have a LG G3 (LG-D852) with $60 left on the tab, and the bootlooping issues are making this phone unuseable. I've tried a number of things - soft reset, hard reset, the piece of paper solution - and it's still not dependable (or to put it another way, it's dependably unuseable). I'm really not happy about it, especially having discovered that this is a known issue. 

When I look at the options to upgrade to a new phone with Koodo, I can get $50 off over 6 months, and of course I'd have to pay off the $60 tab. If I were a new Koodo customer, I'd get a better deal. I'm about to go search for other phone companies, but thought I'd check to see if it's possible to do better with Koodo first. 

thanks for any tips!

Sarah

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Pretty much what you see is what you get. There is a degree of retention with Koodo but it's anything but a guarantee. You can always calls in at 611 if something better can be done. Worst that happens is no.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lg extended warranty to two years on the bootlooop issue devices (G3, G4, G5) if I Remeber correctly, are you within 2 years of purchase? If so you may want to connect LG about a repair or exchange of the device.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Lg extended warranty to two years on the bootlooop issue devices (G3, G4, G5) if I Remeber correc...

I did contact LG, and the g4 would be covered for 2 years, not the g3. Rep said that the booting issue had a different cause. I'm half a year out of warranty. Thanks though!