Koodo Community

Community

Question

KEEPING Current KooDo Phone & Number. Want to add ADDITIONAL Phone & Port in that Number.

I do not want my existing pre-paid Koodo PH & number affected in any way.
I want to bring a pre-paid phone and phone number from Virgin. I have checked and they are acceptable to Koodo and the bill is up to date. I have a new Koodo Sim in hand.
The Self Serve option is confusing me as it seems to have no option to add an additional  phone and number to an existing account.
I am afraid to attempt anything there -  it seems it may just change my existing number to the one I am porting in...
Maybe I am just dense but I can find no clear info covering adding an additional ph & porting the number.
I did try to phone "Help" directly, the wait time is at least 50 minutes. (and will cost $10. for them to assist....which I would willingly pay for help)
Does any one know for certain how to do this? ...and can you take the time to give me Step by Step directions....?
OR
Should I attempt to just act as if I am a new account? and hope the system doesn't confuse everything with my current account?
I would sincerely appreciate any assistance here....(I have to port my number in 1 day, I left to the last minute...)
Wendy

7 replies

Userlevel 7
You can only have one prepaid phone on your prepaid account If you want another prepaid phone you'll have to make a new account for it
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

You can only have one prepaid phone on your prepaid account If you want another prepaid phone...

And you may need to create a unique email address for that new pre-paid account.

Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

You can only have one prepaid phone on your prepaid account If you want another prepaid phone...

Unless you're already using Gmail. In that case you can use alias addresses.

They work like this

You just add a "+" sign and then a phrase like "phone2" to the first part of your Gmail address.

For instance
wendywonders+phone2@gmail.com

All of these emails would come to your regular Gmail inbox. You can even create filters within Gmail to keep the emails separate from your regular inbox.

Let us know if you need more help.

-thank you Mr Bernard for that one.
Userlevel 6
Chad Burr wrote:

Wow this is one of the coolest things since sliced bread! I will be using this!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Outlook features something similar called aliases. I wish they introduced these features before I ended up with ten accounts.
Thank you Chad,
To register for Pre-Paid through Self Serve It asks for my phone number.
 (Which I want to port to my second phone which has no account on Koodo yet)
How do I:
Get the number on my phone, what steps to follow? Just insert the sim and tell it the Virgin number?
Maybe all this can just be done on the phone without being online registered?
Thank you Chad... 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wendy Wonders wrote:

Thank you Chad,
To register for Pre-Paid through Self Serve It asks for my phone number.
 (W...

When you insert the SIM it should have a number assigned to it. Enter that number, and once your account is set up, you can port in your Virgin number.