Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Keep 10% discount buying phone from Koodo

I want to pre-order the Galaxy s7 edge from Koodo, but i dont want to lose my 10% discount. I will be buying the phone outright. Do I need to buy the phone from a 3rd party to maintain my discount?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
No you can order it from Koodo. You just cant change your plan or use a tab
Okay, so because through their automated website utility to change phones it wants to use a tab discount. It will automatically discard my 10% discount. So i would have to order it in the store to maintain my 10% discount.
The same thing applied to me too. When I joined Koodo, I got a $25 credit on the tab and I brought in my own phone for the 10%. The out-right buy option applies the tab credit and I will lose my 10% credit, which is worth $6 plus tax per month.
I'd like this resolved before the pre-order is over.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bob Woodworth wrote:

The same thing applied to me too. When I joined Koodo, I got a $25 credit on the tab and I b...

As it stands right now, you would need to order it through a store in order to keep the 10% discount. The website does not currently support doing this.
Userlevel 4
Hi Jessy!

If you want to keep your 10% discount, you will indeed need to get a phone later in store, as Timo indicated. But note that the phone is only available in pre-order online for now.

Future info about it's availability in store is not out yet. Keep an eye out on our phone page for info on that.

Hope that helps 🙂