Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Just received new phone in the mail, how to activate?

I currently have two phones on my koodo account, 1 for myself and another for another family member, both under my name, a third family member also needed a phone so we got one for her, it just arrived in the mail along with the sim card, before the phone was shipped we also selected a plan for it, so it's not pre-paid.

How do we activate the phone? I want it to be basically a third phone under my account that she uses, we don't have a phone number for it yet and I can't figure out where to input my sim card on the site.

Thank you

11 replies

Userlevel 2
How did you go about getting the third phone? Does she have an account number (not necessarily telephone number) yet or did you buy the phone outright?
The phone was purchased off the koodo store, it's a Moto E that we pay the 3$/month tab fee for

She does not have an account number because I figured we would use my account so it's all together
Userlevel 2
Firsty McLastname wrote:

The phone was purchased off the koodo store, it's a Moto E that we pay the 3$/month tab fee for

If you sign in click serve serve and click  "My Profile" (which will take you to the older website) just to the right of phone number, there should be a drop down (and hopefully 3 numbers, if could be wrong). Let me know if there three phone numbers with one under her name (I'll admit I haven't done authorised users in a long time).

Edit:It could be possible that the phone number was generated automatically (which you can always change later if you prefer).
Firsty McLastname wrote:

There are only two numbers, and when we try to make a call from the phone it says 'cellular network not available'
Userlevel 2
Firsty McLastname wrote:

If you click "Role Management" how many users do you see? When you bought the phone (assuming online) did you select add a line?

Edit: What paperwork came with the phone?
Firsty McLastname wrote:

Under role management there is only me, the owner
We purchased the phone online through the koodo website yes we selected add a line, and when we went through the page it asked 'who is this phone for' so I entered her name and then we selected the plan
Userlevel 2
Firsty McLastname wrote:

Check any emails that were sent (there should be a confirmation of the plan or phone at least) and try to comb over any information including any paperwork that came with the phone to try and find a phone number or something with her name on it. If no luck after that give koodo a call at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) though I hear call-times are bad, apparently contacting them privately through facebook or twitter is much faster at that point.
Firsty McLastname wrote:

The paperwork just told us to sign up for self serve, so we logged in with my information but it only showed the previous 2 phone numbers, maybe we have to make a new account for her and link it with mine?

EDIT: Yeah I did not receive an email about the new phone or plan, so I guess I'll try contacting koodo.

Thank you
Userlevel 2
Firsty McLastname wrote:

Check all your junk folders as well as this is a very common place for emails to get sent especially companies (even I miss this sometimes). And if her email was asked for, make sure she does the same. 

Edit:There should've been a confirmation email at time of purchase which is kind of baffling.
Firsty McLastname wrote:

I just did the same thing got the phone in the mail today. No emails in any of my email folders. This is frustrating. I thought ordering everything online would have been easier
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Firsty McLastname wrote:

Crystal, try to keep everything to one post. Keeps it organized, helps us solve your problem faster and better, and doesn't revive old threads.