Koodo Community
Solved

Just newly received the phone from Koodo's online shopping, a question about Upgraded my phone and plan

• 23 May 2019
  • 5 replies

I just upgraded my phone and plan from S7 to S8 since they offered me to great deal, 10GB for $60, on it. And i happily just received it from Koodo's online shopping today.

and I was wondering if i can use it directly right now with the new sim card they attached on the top of the box of new S8.
because my S7 is still working, i was wondering if it is okay to use them both on same time. Or i'm afraid of paying double for the next payment.

Also relating to previous question, I have a question about the next payment.
I already know that Koodo overlaps the previous monthly payment and this upcoming month's payment if you happen to buy your new phone in the middle of the cycle of the month. So I was wondering how much will it charge it?
I'm currently using $45+$15tab a month and changed to $60+$15.

thanks for reading! 🙂
icon

Best answer by Dennis 23 May 2019, 21:32

Just pop your old sim from the S7 into the S8. And keep the newer sim as your spare. If you ever want to use the new sim you can transfer every over on self serve.

Note that once a sim has been used, it cant be used with another line, and it also becomes permanently deactivated so no one can use it after 30 days

EDIT: you will not be able to use both at the same time

You will be charged your new plan (for next month since they bill a month ahead), plus proated charges for the new plan for the current month, and prorated charges for the old plan for the current month. Any overages. And a full tab for next month, and possible a full tab for the current month. Plus any remaining tab you may have needed to pay off for upgrading.
Clear as mud right lol
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just pop your old sim from the S7 into the S8. And keep the newer sim as your spare. If you ever want to use the new sim you can transfer every over on self serve.

Note that once a sim has been used, it cant be used with another line, and it also becomes permanently deactivated so no one can use it after 30 days

EDIT: you will not be able to use both at the same time

You will be charged your new plan (for next month since they bill a month ahead), plus proated charges for the new plan for the current month, and prorated charges for the old plan for the current month. Any overages. And a full tab for next month, and possible a full tab for the current month. Plus any remaining tab you may have needed to pay off for upgrading.
Clear as mud right lol
Appreciate your answers! :)
It cleared up some of my tangled thoughts.

they offered me a tab free of S7($90) if I change to S8 so I do not worry about this.

and never thought of putting old sim card to S8!
but I'm worried little if old sim on S8 would be okay when I change to new sim card next month..(June 10th when the new cycle starts with data) hmmm
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Appreciate your answers! :)
It cleared up some of my tangled thoughts.

they offered me a tab free of S7($90) if I change to S8 so I do not worry about this.

and never thought of putting old sim card to S8!
but I'm worried little if old sim on S8 would be okay when I change to new sim card next month..(June 10th when the new cycle starts with data) hmmm

Moving yoursim over will not impact your billing or plan. If you login to self serve you can see your current plan. THe sim is just your phone number so you can use your phone and connect to the network
Gift bonus
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gift bonus
What about the bonus gift?

Maybe create a new post and we can help you there @Florecitaaa