Koodo Community

JUST BOUGHT S9 AND ITS THE WORST SAMSUNG I HAVE OWNED

• 31 December 2018
  • 8 replies

The screen isn't opening when I swipe, you practically have to drag your finger across the lower screen like dragging through mud. The icons looked so half baked you can barely figure out what they are. The old galaxy ace 4 I had had clear crisp icon apps. The message and phone contracts etc the background selector is gone. Now I just have this white background. This certainly isn't a finished product. No wonder Samsung sales went down, they dropped the ball on this version. Not impressed and now this is my stupid phone. NOT Happy.

8 replies

Badge +4
Sounds like you should factory reset the phone and see if that fixes it. Something isn't right with it.

https://www.technobezz.com/factory-reset-samsung-galaxy-s9/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you buy it from Koodo or elsewhere? I ask because it sounds like you bought a fake one as nothing of what you’re saying is true at all. I have an S9 plus and I’ve had almost every flagship phone from every main manufacturer for the past 6 years at least and the Galaxy S9 is the best all around smartphone ever built. The display is the best you can get on a smartphone along with the new iPjones which Samsung also makes so to say it’s fuzzy when it’s a 2k display makes no sense what so ever unless you have to the resolution turned right down and are using a 3rd party launcher and icons.
Where did you buy the phone from ?
I got mine 3 weeks ago and I strongly regret it as well... I wish I had gotten a new iPhone, instead.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I got mine 3 weeks ago and I strongly regret it as well... I wish I had gotten a new iPhone, instead.
What do you regret about it?
I had an iPhone before and it was much better. This phone is super hard to handle. Because the edge from screen reaches the lateral, every time it changes command because a part of my hand holding the phone accidentally touches it. It's super annoying. Also, I tried to save pictures I got from e-mails, and I could never find a way to save it. They allow me to share pictures with someone else, but I can never save it to my album. Also, I use WhatsApp a lot. When I had an iPhone, I could choose either to automatically download all media or not, but if I wanted to save something I liked, I would just click on it and ask to save it. Now with the Android, it either downloads ALL the media to your album or does not allow you to save ANYTHING to it. It's super annoying. It was something so simple in the other phone... I really wish I could return it or exchange to an iPhone again.
I also forgot to mention that some times I struggle to unlock the phone... the screen doesn't "wake up" as nice as I would like it to do... The only thing I liked about it is the camera.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I had an iPhone before and it was much better. This phone is super hard to handle. Because the edge from screen reaches the lateral, every time it changes command because a part of my hand holding the phone accidentally touches it. It's super annoying. Also, I tried to save pictures I got from e-mails, and I could never find a way to save it. They allow me to share pictures with someone else, but I can never save it to my album. Also, I use WhatsApp a lot. When I had an iPhone, I could choose either to automatically download all media or not, but if I wanted to save something I liked, I would just click on it and ask to save it. Now with the Android, it either downloads ALL the media to your album or does not allow you to save ANYTHING to it. It's super annoying. It was something so simple in the other phone... I really wish I could return it or exchange to an iPhone again.

Screen: Something to get used to. A bulkier case will help prevent this. As well the newest update coming this year will be bringing everything down to the bottom of the phone so that you won't have to reach up to the top as much.
Emails: There should be a button right at the top of the screen beside the attachment that says save
WhatsApp: An alternative would be to take a screenshot of the picture in whatsapp
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I use to the have S7 and the same thing happens. Iphones do not register the inner palm touches when using your thumb to reach across the screen where as Samsung is more susceptible to that. I mentioned it to the Samsung Rep for Koodo a few years ago but was dismissed that it was already something they do to prevent accidental touches.
My solution to this is to get a case with a handle/ring in the back to help hold the phone. Pop sockets also work and they seem to very popular these days.

For email I use Gmail as my mail app and you can download attachments or photos from the email body. Try playing around with different email apps until you find one you love.

You are right about Whatapp and the photo download. With iPhone it is an actual copy of the photo from whatsapp that is made and pasted into your photo gallery. For android, the photo is already in your whatsapp folder. So their version of "download" is to just give your gallery the full access to that folder. Not sure why Whatsapp does this as there is a download function in WeChat that works like iphone by making a copy of the photo to another wechat folder that is viewable in the gallery. My advice here would be to suggest this idea to the Whatsapp team.