Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Jelly Bean Update for Galaxy Ace 2 x

Does anyone know if the Jelly Bean update for the Galax Ace will include the Ace 2 x?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't think it will, the RAM is very low in that device and it would run terrible with Jelly Bean probably. You never know though weirder things have happened.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

I don't think it will, the RAM is very low in that device and it would run terrible with Jelly Be...

Actually, Samsung announced back in September that the Galaxy Ace 2 will receive the Jelly Bean update. See here for the latest info: http://www.sammobile.com/2013/02/08/samsung-start-making-of-jelly-bean-test-firmwares-for-the-galaxy-ace-2/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don't think it will, the RAM is very low in that device and it would run terrible with Jelly Be...

That's the Galaxy Ace 2 not the Galaxy Ace 2x. The Galaxy Ace 2 has a dual core processor and 1gb of RAM while the Galaxy Ace 2x only has a single core processor and 756mb of RAM which isn't enough to run Jelly Bean because of all the new things that run un the background. It would lag bad and have more downfalls then if they didn't update it.

ace 2x has dual core

No, I have an ace 2x and it's single core. Canadians got shafted and got the inferior version.

The Galaxy Ace II x is a variant of the Galaxy Ace 2. It has a similar shell and specs with slightly larger screen dimensions; it has the same ram and storage space, but contains a single-core 1 GHz CPU instead of an 800 MHz dual-core
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Jason, Please read all the previous responses before posting, I already gave all the detailed hardware specs you just gave over a month ago. Adding unnecessary responses clutters the thread and makes it more difficult for ppl to find the correct answer. Please keep participating though just making you aware of some of the guidelines of the forum. Have a great day

But, the Ace ii X is already running TouchWiz Nature UX user interface (and all the new Samsung apps that come with it) along with Ice Cream Sandwich. Therefore, other than the core android OS upgrade, not much would change. Thus, there would be little to no change in RAM and a small impact on the storage size. I would like to see Jellybean on the device.

The Ace IIx (GT-S7560M) is the single-SIM version of the Galaxy S Duos (GT-S7562) which IS scheduled to receive an update to Jelly Bean. There is no reason why the Ace IIx would not receive an update as well if Samsung chooses to release it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The specs are completely different for those 2 phones, for one instance the Duos is a dual core processor where the Ace 2x is a single core processor. Also I can't find anything stating that either phone is scheduled for an update to JB at all except for a rumour on the Duos from Sammobile but even then like I said they are completely different phones spec wise even though they look similar physically.

Sorry Paul but Snout Snout is right they both are the same phone only difference is dual sim. http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s_duos_s7562-4883.php this webite tells all about the dous. http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-updates-android-41-jelly-bean-roadmap this one is a list of samsung phones to get 4.1.2 jelly bean update. I have an ace 2x and i really want jelly bean on it.
Yes it does, some time end of march i read.
Yes it does, some time end of march i read.
I wish becasue like snout snout said there's reason why th ace 2 x willt have the jelly bean update