Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Japan roaming

I'm on vacation in japan but I have no roaming network connection. From the website I thought I could connect to the SoftBank service but it's not connecting to anything automatically and when I try to connect manually I get the message "Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network." I'm using a Samsung Galaxy s6 edge. Any ideas?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Go to add remove or change add ons
Make sure that international voice roaming is added to your account. After it's added, restart your device.

if you want to use data then add international data roaming. You may also want to consider adding a roaming package if you plan to use your phone.
What happens if you can't add international voice roaming to your account through self service?

I get this error: Your plan is not eligible to be changed at this time. (PPI-6)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Logan wrote:

What happens if you can't add international voice roaming to your account through self service?

I had a same message when I wanted to add different add-on.
Call Koodo and tell them you had this error message, they should be able to fix it,
And you don't get charge for this since you can't fix it by yourself.
I was getting that error as well. In the end I used skype to just call koodo. After they activated it for me I was able to connect to the network.
Thanks for the help Chad!