Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Its been over 2 hours since I changed to Koodoo and my number isnt transferred yet

Hello, I just switched my number to Koodo today and I was told it should be done in under two hours. Its been over that and still I cant make or receive calls and the phone isnt picking up service. Is this normal? Thanks!

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Is this a landline you switched? Have you tried restarting the phone?
sorry its my cellphone and yes ive restarted multiple times
Userlevel 3
Generally, ports can take up to 4 hours for cell phones. If it still isn't ported I'd contact the porting department within Koodo to get a status. Also, if there was an issue with the port there might be a delay.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there Tanya... Sometimes it could take longer, this does not depends on Koodo, If the other company already acknowledged the request, it will be just a matter of minutes... You will receive a TEXT message when is completed, but also you will receive one in case there are any difficulties... So If you have not received any text yet, means that it is on its way... What Chad wanted to know was if the number you are porting into Koodo was your Landline number, since landlines should take up to 2 business days to be transferred....
Thanks everyone. No its not a landline, its a number from another cell phone company. Alright I will just be patient for now then, thank you very much.
Userlevel 3
Aurora wrote:

Thanks everyone. No its not a landline, its a number from another cell phone company. Alrig...

You're welcome have yourself a good day! Cheers!
Userlevel 4
Mobile to mobile ports take up to 2.5 hours, not 4. If after that 2.5 hour time period passes and it is still not working, call Koodo and have them look into the port as there could have been some complications. If that is the case, make sure you have your account information from the other provider.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You should also be able to make calls as soon as the port is complete. The delay is before you start receiving calls and text messages. If the phone is not getting service, there is a different problem.
It works, actually there was an issue. I needed to manually search for the koodo network on my phone under mobile data. Then I had to select the koodo network for it to work finally. But now it works and im happy to be here and be rid of rogers.
Userlevel 6
Aurora wrote:

It works, actually there was an issue. I needed to manually search for the koodo network on my p...

Good news, Aurora! Welcome in the Koodo family 🙂
Aurora wrote:

It works, actually there was an issue. I needed to manually search for the koodo network on my p...

thank you 🙂