Koodo Community

Community

Solved

It takes 8 hours to charge my neo S5 even with the new battery, what is wrong?

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you using the OEM charger?  Is fast charge enabled?
Hi , where can i find and enable the fast charge?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fred E Santos wrote:

If your phone has that feature it is in Settings>Battery>Fast Cable Charging
Fred E Santos wrote:

It does have a battery feature on the settings but no Fast Cable Charging feature.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fred E Santos wrote:

There's not fast-charge on the S5 Neo unfortunately, but 8 hours is way too much
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hmm, that is a very long time. Does it take several hours regardless of the charger you use? Can you try other chargers? Do you have other devices tot est the charger you're using on?
Yes , i tried other chargers but the same result.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fred E Santos wrote:

And you have tried the original charger that came with the phone?
Fred E Santos wrote:

Yes, i did try it, original stock and other chargers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fred E Santos wrote:

Ok so...
You switched batteries which rules out a battery issue.
You tried different chargers so it is not a charger issue.

Have you tried different outlets or a different cable?
Fred E Santos wrote:

Yes, I tried that also, in fact I have 3 different cables and chargers already.

Userlevel 7
Fred E Santos wrote:

Check under your battery settings to see what apps are using your battery. Sounds like you have a parasitic load somewhere...one of your apps may be malfunctioning and stuck in a loop.. Might be time for a factory reset.
Fred E Santos wrote:

I would certainly do that, but please can you show where to go to reset it, thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fred E Santos wrote:

Here's how to see what battery uses most your battery : http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/skp/faq/1098165
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fred E Santos wrote:

Here's how to see what battery uses most your battery : http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/skp/faq/1098165
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fred E Santos wrote:

I had this issue with my s7edge. I had to totally drain the battery before charging and this resolved the issue completely.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fred E Santos wrote:

I had this issue with my s7edge. I had to totally drain the battery before charging and this resolved the issue completely.
Fred E Santos wrote:

thanks for the advice..
Userlevel 3
Sometimes this can be caused by issues with the phones changing port if it's malfunctioning or pocket lint got inside. Take a close your at your charging port and see if you can see anything (if so you can carefully use a small pin and clear it). 
Badge +4
Andrew wrote:

Sometimes this can be caused by issues with the phones changing port if it's malfunctioning or po...

A computer duster (compressed air) would be a safer option. Never use metallic objects to clear debris from the charging port.
Userlevel 3
Andrew wrote:

Sometimes this can be caused by issues with the phones changing port if it's malfunctioning or po...

Rikkster is right, the compressed air will be a better option. Also when saying pin I was thinking of a tooth pick and not an actual pin did not intend for any confusion.
Badge +4
Had the same issue with a friends' older S4. Drain the battery and allow it to charge fully without turning the device on. An image of a battery with a lightning bolt and charging percentage will appear on screen for 4 or 5 seconds. You may not see the battery image at first because the battery may not have enough of a charge to display it. Be patient, it should appear after 5 to 10 minutes of charging. The battery image doesn't stay 'on'. To periodically check the progress of the charge, press the power button for a half second to display the battery image.
Hi, did it fix the problem or that remedy worked? Thanks.