Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Issues with Samsung Galaxy s2x

I cant send text messages on my Samsung galaxy s2x. I can receive them. I also cannot access the internet even though my wifi and data looks like it is working. What can I do?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Let's try troubleshooting this. When did this issue start? Did it start when something new was installed?
Userlevel 4
Try going into your settings to clear data and cache (Settings > Applications > Messages). Remove and put back SIM card, power phone off then back on. Sometimes it helps
Userlevel 5
About the internet - although koodo does not support wifi what you can do is make sure that wifi is turned on, and that you are connecting to wifi in your area (if you push on the word wifi it will show you wifi in the area (some will be locked). As to the data, using towers to connect to the internet, there may be a problem with the APN settings (Access Point Names) - if you search for APN settings in koodomobile.com for APN settings it will show you what you need to enter to connect. If clearing the cache and data, and pulling the battery and SIM do not work then try giving tech support a call, they should be able to help you as well. I would suggest calling from another line at 1-866-995-6636 as one of the troubleshooting steps is to pull the battery and the SIM (even though you have already done it, they will refresh a few things on their side and then try it again).
Badge +4
It's a good idea to first power the phone completely off before removing the SIM card. Also, remove the battery while the phone is off for a minute of two, then re-insert SIM card and battery and power the phone back on. (This was not mentioned previously). As a last resort and if none of the above steps resolve the issue, a factory reset may be the next step. This will wipe everything from your device so make a backup of any photos or music you want to keep. Go to Settings > Backup and reset - make sure the check boxes labelled 'Backup my data' and 'Automatic restore' are both enabled or checkmarked. Tap Factory data reset > Reset device. The phone will take a few minutes to reset, when it reboots, it will be in the same condition as when you first bought the phone. This method often resolves problems when certain apps become unresponsive.