Community

Solved

is wifi free ?

hi i was wondering if the wifi free on my cell its an Android touch screen

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Yup wifi is always free of charge from Koodo
Userlevel 6
Yes, wifi is always free once you are connected. You will not be using your allocated data.
Userlevel 6
The short answer is yes.
Userlevel 1
Erwin wrote:

Yes, wifi is always free once you are connected. You will not be using your allocated data.

Just be sure you disable Data services, when Wi-Fi is out of range your phone will use Koodo Data and you'll be charged Internet usage!
Erwin wrote:

how do i disable the data services ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Erwin wrote:

On android you would go to the mobile networks page in the settings menu and uncheck the top box.
Erwin wrote:

thanks for the info its been a great help ...... and on the mobile network state says Disconnected so now am i just useing the Wifi ?
Badge +4
Erwin wrote:

Correct.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi CC, the answer was already given, but just one recommendation, make sure when connected to wifi your data package is off... Your phone will connect to the strongest signal available, so even if you are on wifi and the Koodo signal is stronger, you may be using your data...
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi CC, the answer was already given, but just one recommendation, make sure when connected to wif...

thanks how do i turn off the data package ? im stil new on it lol sorry..
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi CC, the answer was already given, but just one recommendation, make sure when connected to wif...

Settings > Data usage > uncheck Mobile data box to turn data off.
Camilo_A wrote:

i uncheck the mobile data box thanks for help 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unless you are in an airport/hotel/etc that charges you for wifi, wifi is typically free. Example would be your home wifi would be free for you to use. Another example would be McDonalds or Tim Hortons wifi which is free but requires you to accept the conditions on the logon screen before you get full wifi access. Aside from this, what everyone said is correct and Koodo cannot charge you for wifi use
Dennis wrote:

Unless you are in an airport/hotel/etc that charges you for wifi, wifi is typically free. Exampl...

thank u all soo much i can breath now lol
Dennis wrote:

Unless you are in an airport/hotel/etc that charges you for wifi, wifi is typically free. Exampl...

would not  home  wi fi  cost? from some  provider / say  telus a monthly  rate but  not a rate of  volume
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Sorry, what do you mean Albe
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

@Albe Plumer
   While having internet services to home has a cost, there are no additional charges from Koodo for using such Wi-Fi.

So essentially Wi-Fi is 'free' as you can download data to your phone on Wi-Fi (even at home) with no additional cost.
Dennis wrote:

I have checked my wife's phone and she has data turned off but Wi-Fi turned on as we have Shaw but Koodo keeps dinging her for down loading data ,how can that be?

Userlevel 7
Dennis wrote:

What phone has she got?