Koodo Community
Solved

Is VoLTE supported on Pixel 6 bought from Google Store?

• 9 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can anyone confirm that VoLTE works (is supported by Koodo) on a Pixel 6 (or 6 Pro) purchased from the Google store (i.e. not from Koodo)?  [VoWiFi would be nice too but my main interest is VoLTE]

I just re-checked the supported device list and Pixel 3 through 5 are listed by not 6.  I’m *assuming* that 6 and 6 Pro will be supported as well and the list is just out of date, but would like confirmation (while I continue to wait on my Google preorder that keeps getting pushed back--thanks Google...)

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by texwood 10 November 2021, 15:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I’ve seen a few posts asking this recently, here’s one from a few weeks ago that indicates it was fixed on “on the back end” after escilating...

Curious to hear other feedback from the field as well...

Userlevel 3

My P6 was bought from Google Store; VoLTE and Wifi calling work right out of the box for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks @texwood!  Still waiting for mine to ship.  Sigh. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So, it arrived, and I have VoLTE!  Not initially.  I didn’t find a toggle for that anywhere, despite setting the preferred network type to LTE, and the VoLTE access add-on did not magically appear on my account out of the box.

I then tried turning on VoWiFi and it failed (after a lengthy stab at processing the request).  From some research here, I found someone shared this link as a workaround for previous Pixel devices: https://telusidentity.telus.com/as/authorization.oauth2?client_id=63ef8ba2-8434-4d63-9eef-876441d760b7&response_type=code&scope=ciiotp+sub_profile&redirect_uri=https://ent.telus.com/acmegw-android/entitlement/e911

EDIT: this workaround info came from this thread: 

After confirming (actually updating) my address on file for e911, I went back to the phone and flipped the VoWiFi toggle again and it activated almost instantly!

I made a test call over WiFi successfully.  So far so good.  I then turned off WiFi and made another test call, only to be disappointed that the phone still dropped to H instead of staying on LTE.  I decided to look at my add-ons in my self-serve account and was delighted to see that VoWiFi setup had indeed added VoLTE Access add-on.  

At that point I decided to reboot, tested another call with WiFi off, and low and behold the phone stayed on LTE for the call!  SUCCESS!

So, for anyone struggling to get VoLTE and/or VoWiFi working on a Pixel 6 or 6 Pro, maybe try the above steps?  Good luck!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Good to hear @srlawren - Very useful info.

When I was with Rogers a couple years ago, I found that with VoLTE or Wi-Fi Calling active, I couldn’t make use of the traditional GSM codes to customize call forwarding ie *21, *61, *62, *67. I would have to disable VoLTE/Wifi Calling to do that… Curious how/if that works with Koodo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Good to hear @srlawren - Very useful info.

When I was with Rogers a couple years ago, I found that with VoLTE or Wi-Fi Calling active, I couldn’t make use of the traditional GSM codes to customize call forwarding ie *21, *61, *62, *767. I would have to disable VoLTE/Wifi Calling to do that… Curious how/if that works with Koodo.

@Nezgar oh yeah I know you PMed me about this but I haven’t had a chance to try anything out.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@srlawren No worries, the PM’d question was more about call forwarding (billing) in general. Curious about both whenever you have  a chance. :vulcan_tone3: