Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is this true? I have to upgrade my plan when I buy a new phone on the Tab Large?

I went to buy the Galaxy S7 today on Tab Large for $100 down. I'm in Toronto, if that matters. I have a positive balance and a $32/month account that is 4 years old. Was told by the kid at the kiosk that I had to either pay for the phone up front or upgrade my plan to at least double what I'm paying now. I felt like I was being scammed so I walked away, pretty angry. True or misinformation?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes to qualify for tab large promos you need to use a Tab Large plan from the list of available plans and you can see those at www.koodmobile.com.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Was told by the kid at the kiosk that I had to either pay for the phone up front or upgrade my plan

You can pay a larger downpayment for the phone and have a lower cost plan, and in some cases even keep your current plan, but you would pay $513, or $634 up front depending on the plan you choose.

Thanks. I'm still taking this up with Koodo. I believe it violates my original service agreement from 2012.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nicole Morell wrote:

Thanks. I'm still taking this up with Koodo. I believe it violates my original service agreement ...

Once your commitment period expired, neither you nor Koodo is bound by it. Since contracts were at most 36 months, it has long expired.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nicole Morell wrote:

Thanks. I'm still taking this up with Koodo. I believe it violates my original service agreement ...

Under the terms available in 2012, you could put a maximum of $150 on the tab and had to pay the rest of the phones price up front, out of pocket. If you really insist, I'm sure koodo would still allow you to do this.