Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is there anyway to be able to send and recieve picture messages without data?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Cara,

No, data has to be turned on. The only reason you will see data charges during the times its on to send or receive pics, is the apps that are running and updating the background. So turn off auto sync when you turn data on to send or receive pics and you will see no charges making it seem like ur being charged
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

Hi Cara,

No, data has to be turned on. The only reason you will see data charges during the time...

If you have a voice / text plan only, it may be worthwhile to purchase the data block add-on for $2 per month. This will allow picture messages to be sent, but blocks all other data use. This will prevent other data uses while you are trying to send pictures.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

Hi Cara,

No, data has to be turned on. The only reason you will see data charges during the time...

Its a very worth while purchase if you dont use data outside of Picture/Video messaging.
Chadwick wrote:

Hi Cara,

How would I go about getting the add-on?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

Hi Cara,

I'm not 100% sure but you may need to call in for that one. I'll look around the Koodo website and let u know.
Chadwick wrote:

Hi Cara,

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

Hi Cara,

Your very welcome Cara!
Userlevel 5
Chadwick wrote:

Hi Cara,

Hey Cara! For now, this feature can only be added by calling in to customer service. Just dial *611 from your Koodo phone to speak to an agent 🙂
Chadwick wrote:

Hi Cara,

Stop