Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is there any way I can get my old text messages?

I had a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I accidentally dropped it and broke the screen. Fortunately, I was able to get a replacement phone through my extended warranty. I have been able to get most of my data off of my old phone like pictures, music etc but I am trying to find a way to retrieve my SMS conversations. Would koodo be able to access my conversation threads and send them to me?

4 replies

rikkster wrote:

If you're still able to download apps and get around on your S4's touchscreen, you could try the ...

Unfortunately my touchscreen is completely unresponsive and is completely blacked out. We got a USB-OTG adapter to try and unlock my phone so I could transfer my pictures onto my computer a few days ago which thankfully worked. I downloaded Smart Switch and decided to give that a go. With the USB-OTG adapter I was able to unlock my phone and connect to Smart Switch and back up my whole device! Im currently in the process of restoring all of my data onto my new phone. Thank everyone SO SO much for your advice! I will definitely be backing my device up on a regular basis. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

If you're still able to download apps and get around on your S4's touchscreen, you could try the ...

Smart Switch is also an option:

https://www.gihosoft.com/hot-topics/how-to-use-samsung-smart-switch.html
Badge +4
If you're still able to download apps and get around on your S4's touchscreen, you could try the app below. If the touchscreen is unresponsive, a USB-OTG adapter will allow you to connect a wired/wireless mouse which places an arrow pointer on the touchscreen. You can then navigate around the touchscreen the same way you would with your fingertip. USB-OTG adapters range in price from $5 to $20 and can be found at most computer shops. SMS Backup & Restore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5yaXRlc2hzYWh1LlNNU0JhY2t1cFJlc3RvcmUiXQ..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alas, no, Koodo does not retain text messages after they are sent Janessa. Even though this doesn't help you now, consider signing up for a service like MightyText or Join by Joaoapps which keeps a copy of your text messages on their server (or on your own Google Drive, in the case of Join). Sorry you lost your messages 😞