Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is there any add ons available for just us data? I don't need talk or text

I'm going to the USA for a week and we're driving so I'd like to check fb and email etc while I'm bored in the passenger seat. I don't need talk or text just data and I'm not seeing an option for that. I know koodo used to have it in the past.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Jackie.

There's no add on for data only. You could use the PPU data which is 5$/20MB
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Jackie.

That could be a very expensive trip. Being bored in the car can lead to huge consumption. How much data a month are you using now? Use that to gauge your weekly usage, and multiply each GB by $250.

Robert wrote:

Hello Jackie.

Not much. I'm usually on wifi
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Jackie.

Then expect a huge bill on your return from the USA.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Jackie.

If you are travelling along the Interstate Highway system, many rest stops have free wifi. And you will never be very far from McDonald's, etc. so best budget-wise option is to take the SIM out of the phone or go on airplane mode for the duration. You will never be more than an hour or so away from some wifi connection.
Robert wrote:

Hello Jackie.

OR i could not use it and not have a huge bill, but thanks for not being helpful. If there's no data plan then I just don't use it. Some people have that capability ya know.
Userlevel 7
Robert wrote:

Hello Jackie.

Jackie, Bob WAS trying to be helpful. He's a customer just like you trying to make a suggestion to help you out. Koodo does offer a roaming bundle that includes some data. Just don't use what you don't want and consider it the price for roaming. You are also free to unlock your phone and pickup a prepaid sim at any walmart in the states. Then you can data until your fingers fall off without a care..
Userlevel 4
Hi Jackie, if your phone is unlocked, check out Roam Mobility. They have data-only plans and daily plans and bill in Canadian dollars.
I'll have to keep that in mind for next time Jeremy. I leave Saturday so not enough time to get the SIM.