Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is there a way to delete google from androids?

13 replies

Userlevel 6
What do you mean?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Go into your settings and scroll down till you see your accounts, go into the Google account then click on the Gmail address you want to delete and it will have an option to remove account, click on that. Done, the account is gone. (keep in mind this does not remove all your personal info you need to do a factory reset for that)
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Go into your settings and scroll down till you see your accounts, go into the Google account then...

I did and there was no Google account showing but my phone will randomly go into google and I don't want that to happen anymore.

Go into your settings and scroll down till you see your accounts, go into the Google account then...

What do you mean randomly go into google?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

what phone do you have? Do you have the Galaxy S3 perhaps?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

pressing the menu key when at a home screen it will bring up your search, is this the issue your having?

Will that delete my account all together?. It kind of gives that impression. I have an lG.
I didn't want to click delete if I thought that would happen. I need my e-mail on my computer but not on my phone.
 I can't log out of my Gmail account on this phone, it's not an option.
Badge +4

No. Removing the gmail account from your phone will have no effect on emails sent, received or those that have been saved. You can sign into your Google account from your computer and all of your emails will be preserved.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Deleting Google from Android is kind of the same as deleting Microsoft from Windows.
No. You can hide it though. Tap and hold and drag it to remove.
Userlevel 6
I'd recommend Factory Resetting your phone & then when prompted to login with your Google account credentials tap "Skip". Keep in mind though that without a Google account logged in you won't be able to access any of Google's services such as: -Google Play Store -Google Now -Google Currents -Youtube -Google Maps Also,you'll need to sideload all all your Apps manually but if they require checking for license they'll fail to check. Is there a particular reason you're wanting to do this?
There is actually a way, but it requires root and a considerable amount of technical skill. Get a root-enabled file manager (like ES File Manager), navigate to /system/app, and delete GoogleSearch.apk